Business Development Internship at Ethical Fashion Brand
Founded in 2013, Pave is an award-winning UK based talent consultancy specialising in learning and professional developmental opportunities for young professionals seeking Internships and Experiences in India.
It is our core belief that experiencing life and work in India with Pave will provide the talent of the future a unique first-hand exposure to one of the world’s fastest growing economies as well as the ability to develop a highly global skill set and mindset that puts them in strong stead for future employability.
Pave’s Internships and Experiences are specifically curated to expand perspectives on life and work, provide professional challenges that require the development and application of new skills and in turn, strengthen the professional and personal brand of participants.
About the host organisation
The organisation is India’s first 100% Organic and Fairtrade fashion brand, based in Goa. Their mission is to create a brand that people love, all enabled by their focus on minimal design, attractive artwork and sustainable packaging. Convergence and collaboration is a big part of what the organisation does, whether it is ethical brands and consumer movements or organisations working on social & environmental causes, they’re joining hands with like-minded folks every step of the way.
About the internship
A business development professional has three primary responsibilities:
- Identifying new sales leads
- Researching ethical fashion stores around the world who could potentially stock the brand’s products
- Identifying new leads and potential markets
- Contacting potential clients and arranging meetings
- Develop strategies and taking up projects to help the organisation reach new markets
- Pitching products/services
- Developing presentations and pitch
- Contacting clients in relation to new products/developments
- Negotiation and renegotiation
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
- Responding to wholesale customer queries
Overall, you will have the opportunity to gain professional experience within an area of great importance to any business enabling you to develop essential skills to boost your global employability.
What are we looking for?
For this internship, we are looking for a student or graduate who must meet the following requirements:
- Enthusiasm and passion for fashion and sustainability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to ‘muck in’ and support the team in activities outside of the job description
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
What you will gain
Being part of an early stage, globally focused and dynamic startup team, you will get a real feel for what it takes to create a movement – both locally and globally, and to build communities of passionate fans & customers. Working alongside business development & sales team to create a sales process, you will understand the approach this small brand has taken to create a name for itself within the ethical fashion industry.
You will receive hands on mentoring and experience first-hand, eastern business culture while also influencing the growth and culture of the team immensely. You will take away great insights into building a purposeful organisation and long-lasting culture, in addition to significant sales skills and experience acquired during your time with the company.
We have more internship opportunities available across an array of industries which can be found on the Pave website.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!