Journalism & Strategy Internship at Digital Media Platform
Founded in 2013, Pave is an award-winning UK based talent consultancy specialising in learning and professional developmental opportunities for young professionals seeking Internships and Experiences in India.
It is our core belief that experiencing life and work in India with Pave will provide the talent of the future a unique first-hand exposure to one of the world’s fastest growing economies as well as the ability to develop a highly global skill set and mindset that puts them in strong stead for future employability.
Pave’s Internships and Experiences are specifically curated to expand perspectives on life and work, provide professional challenges that require the development and application of new skills and in turn, strengthen the professional and personal brand of participants.
This is a digital content and communications company that has recently launched a digital media platform delivering unique content to East and Northeast Indian audiences. The young organisation is driven by a core team of journalists who till recently brought out the lifestyle and city news sections eastern India’s largest English newspaper. The organisation is led by an experienced editor with 24 years of journalistic experience with the ABP Group. The organisation also works as consultants for high reputation clients, creating magazines, coffee table books, curating events and developing a story vault for screen. The team is made up of eight members and is rapidly expanding. The culture of the organisation is extremely approachable, supportive and dynamic and a great environment for those starting out their careers in journalism or digital media.
This internship allows a holistic exposure to the operations of the digital media start-up. Interns can expect to be involved in working with the team to come up with story ideas, providing research support and writing and editing content for the digital platform. Interns will also have the opportunity to engage in video and mobile journalism; mediums that are becoming increasingly prominent in the media, news and communications fields.
In addition to journalistic activities, interns will be able to get involved in wider remits of the organisation’s operations such as media strategy, digital marketing and web development.
What are we looking for?
For this internship, we are looking for students or graduates who must meet the following requirements:
- Enthusiasm for digital media
- Energy, passion and flair for content creation
- Strong writing skills
- Strong research skills
- Good team work and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and develop news reports and features
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Independent worker who is self-accountable, self-motivated and self-driven
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, start-up environment
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to ‘muck in’ and support the team
Further, the following is desirable but not a requirement:
- Past experience in digital media
What you will gain
The internship will give you the opportunity to gain:
- First-hand experience of working in dynamic digital media platform
- Journalistic experience and the unique opportunity to write for an Indian readership
- Opportunity to learn from a highly experienced team journalists and editors
- In-depth experiential understanding of the operations of a digital platform
We offer more internship opportunities across an array of industries and sectors, all of which can be found on the Pave website.