PepsiCo Student Challenge: Supply Chain, HR, Insights and Digital Graduate Programs
Forever wondered what it’s like to work for a brand powerhouse? Are the words “Innovation, analytics and storytelling” appealing to you? With over 20 global megabrands, such as Pepsi, Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Walkers/Lay’s, PepsiCo has a well-earned reputation as one of the largest food and beverage companies. Through this challenge, you now have the opportunity to join forces with PepsiCo, reflect on our quest to discover the next big food or beverage movement and be in with the chance of winning a trip to our New York office – or even being offered an exciting new graduate position within our Supply Chain, HR, Insights or Digital teams across Europe.
Move and shake
In an increasingly connected – and curious – world, today’s delicacy is tomorrow’s craze. We’re looking for analytical experts and innovation maestros who can shake up our industry and spark a movement. The challenge is simple spot trends: If you were given $100,000 by PepsiCo to tap into the next big food and beverage trend, what would you focus on, how you would you harness that trend and take your idea to market? That might be a new product or flavour – but it could also be something broader, like eco-friendly sourcing, the slow food movement or sustainable packaging.
Dare to do more – the challenge outline
Alright then, let’s get down to business. The challenge consists of 3 stages, running from January 14th to end of April 2019. First stage is about registering on www.pepsico-go.com and getting to know more about PepsiCo, our people and our culture. The second stage is about you sharing your innovative ideas with us. Your plan may focus on specific products, new flavours, but could also be offering plastic free packaging, innovative farming solutions, virtual reality…. The best ideas will be taken forward to local interviews for which you could potentially land a Graduate Position in one of our European locations. On top, the finalists of each country will receive support from a dedicated PepsiCo mentor to prepare for a final event in which you will be presenting your idea to PepsiCo’s leadership team. Dare to be innovative; maybe you’ll even see your idea going live one day!
Choose your specialism
It takes two things to be a trendsetter. On the one hand, you need the ability to analyse data, spot emerging patterns, and use them to tell a compelling story. On the other, you need the creativity and entrepreneurial streak to turn your insights into business strategy. Just remember…
- If you decide to go Digital, you’ll need to show you understand evolving digital marketplaces and different channels within your business launch strategy.
- If you take an Insights route you will need to clearly articulate the trend and its implications for PepsiCo in a compelling way – and show how that leads to your business plan.
- If you take the Supply Chain route you will need to show your understanding of driving efficiencies, end-to-end supply and logistics and the impacts on our customers and the wider business.
We are looking for people who:
- Are creative, curious forward-looking and with a strong entrepreneurial streak
- Have the ability to get going quickly – with a drive for results
- See the connections in data, trends, events, and able to bring to life in a compelling, action focussed way
- Convert complexity into simplicity, emphasising the broad picture and picking out key detail
- Have commercial instincts to understand key business drivers
- Strong listening and influencing skills, actively seeking and understanding the input of others to gain alignment to ideas
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Eligible to work permanently in UK, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Romania, Serbia or Poland.