Commercial Graduate Scheme
In this role, you have the opportunity to build a successful career at an exciting & innovative employer as an aspiring future business leader on a commercial graduate scheme.
- Philips require talented graduates to start in September 2018. We have various graduate scheme roles available across our commercial areas (Sales, Marketing, Strategy and Operations). Regardless of the department you work in, you will have the opportunity to develop valuable transferable commercial skills over the two year programme.
- Specifically within these areas, you will be involved in the following:
- Sales – Learn how to excel in the highly competitive world of business through negotiations with buyers and suppliers.
- Marketing – Understand and research a wide variety of markets and help devise strategies to best launch Philips’ latest innovations.
- Operations – Organize supply and demand for a truly global company, ensuring we deliver what we promise to our customers.
- Strategy - bringing together the right balance of problem solving rigor, people skills, and pragmatism to turn your thinking into decisions and actions.
You are a part of:
The Philips Graduate Programme, which is designed to discover future leaders and incorporate you into the Philips business where your new ideas and passion will shape the Philips business of tomorrow. You will have strong support networks with business managers, mentors and current graduates who have gone through the programme before. You will be supported with a comprehensive personal development and training plan over the two year scheme.
Although you will be globally mobile, you will initially be based at our UK headquarters in Guildford, Surrey or in Chichester, West Sussex. You may occasionally be required to travel locally and sometimes abroad. Our headquarters in Guildford is a vibrant and exciting (professionally and socially) place to be based. Besides working within your individual teams and Sectors, you will network with the wider organization.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following:
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a any degree (Bachelors or Masters)
- You will have long term career ambitions for leadership roles in a commercial areas such Sales, Marketing, Operations or Strategy
- You will have first class communication, planning and organizational skills
- You will demonstrate a high level of energy, drive and passion in pursuing work objectives and a total commitment to achieving successful outcomes.
- You will be adaptable and socially confident, enabling you to build strong relationships quickly, which will be key to your success. In essence, you will already be naturally demonstrating our behaviors of Eager to win, Take Ownership and Team up to Excel. This will be evidenced by your academic and extra curricular activities.
In return, we offer you:
Philips is quick to recognize emerging talent and nurture success. If you are passionate about what you do and determined to be successful we will support you and your career development. There are no wrong questions at Philips and we challenge our employees and graduates alike to ask and learn. Philips is rapidly evolving which creates an exciting and vibrant work environment.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also have access to a comprehensive flexible benefits package including 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), pension plan, learning and development opportunities through Philips University amongst others. The Philips Employee Shop allows employees to buy Philips products at discounted prices and there is a subsidised café promoting healthy eating and wellbeing at the Guildford site. There is also an active Social Events - a dedicated Sports & Social committee promoting a host of social events throughout the year including the famous Family Sports Day at Surrey Sports Park.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Please submit your online application today. Recruitment process will involve an application screening, online assessments, telephone interview , and an assessment centre which will place in January 2018.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!