Graduate Software Developer
In this role, you have the opportunity to join the transformational team, Digital and Computational Pathology (DCP). DCP are a global pioneer in the development of web-based software to support cancer research. We design and develop ground-breaking technology that dramatically impacts medical science. Our vision is to be a driving force in digital and computational pathology, providing innovative, effective and reliable software solutions that are used in cancer research, discovery and diagnosis.
You are responsible for;
- Using modern technologies (HTML5, CSS3, ASP.NET Core, Angular4, Angular Material, C#) to develop web based applications for the viewing, analysis and management of medical images.
- To be an active part of the Scrum team driving to complete tasks within the sprint.
- Take an active role in all parts of the development life cycle (requirements gathering, estimation, development, testing and bug fixing).
- Understand requirements (user stories) and make technical design decisions to fulfil them.
- Writing automated unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality.
- Assists in the estimation of work for the web development team.
- Manual testing of the products.
Philips Digital and Computational Pathology is a young and fast growing business with a global footprint. We have a highly entrepreneurial culture with a deep passion and ambition to transform pathology by building awesome products. The Graduate Software Developer will report directly to the Senior DevOps Engineer and will be based in the Northern Ireland Science Park in Belfast
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience;
- You will have a recent undergraduate degree on Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and can demonstrate technical understanding, development skills and interpersonal qualities that this role requires.
- A quick learner who is looking for new challenges and responsibilities in an innovative software company.
- Experience in building rich client side applications.
- Experience using database management systems including database design, development and SQL programming.
- Experience in writing REST/SOAP Web services.
In return, we offer you
Philips is quick to recognize emerging talent and nurture success. If you are passionate about what you do and determined to be successful we will support you and your career development. There are no wrong questions at Philips and we challenge our employees and graduates alike to ask and learn. Philips is rapidly evolving which creates an exciting and vibrant work environment.
You are likely to experience a dynamic, exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment which could form the launch pad of your career growth - personally, professionally & financially.
We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities. Furthermore, Philips University is available to all employees for learning and development opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.