Pinsent Masons LLP
Pinsent Masons is a global 100 law firm, specialising particularly in the energy, infrastructure, financial services, real estate and advanced manufacturing and technology sectors. The firm employs around 3000 people in total, including over 1500 lawyers and more than 420 partners. The firm's international footprint encompasses offices across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, continental Europe and Africa. The firm also has comprehensive coverage across each of the UK's three legal jurisdictions.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery. For example, the firm operates a hub of freelance lawyers, called Vario, and has also developed Cerico, a cloud-based regulatory compliance solution. It has developed long-term service agreements, often referred to as ‘sole adviser’ relationships, with a number of blue-chip organisations.
Awards & Rankings
- Legal Week – Firm of the Year 2016
- JUVE 2016 – Firm of the Year south Germany
- Trophées du Droit (Paris) – Firm of the Year
- FT Innovative Lawyers – Top 5 most innovative law firms in Europe
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index – Top-ranked professional services firm
- Personnel Today Awards 2016 - Diversity & Inclusion
- 2016 Top Employers for Working Families - Best for Modern Families
The two-year Training Contract comprises four six-month seats, spent in four different Practice Groups, and combines regulatory and skills training. Seat allocations take account of trainees’ preferences and aim to strike a balance between their choices and the firm’s requirements. In each seat trainees will be supervised by a senior colleague who will guide them through their learning and development in each seat. There is also full support from Pinsent Masons’ Graduate Development team who will meet trainees regularly to discuss their on-going performance.
Over the course of a number of weeks, attendees will be fully immersed in all aspects of working life at Pinsent Masons. They will experience a structured programme of work-based learning, skills training and presentations, as well as plenty of socialising and networking. The programme is available across all of our UK offices - with placements available in London, Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds and Manchester. Pinsent Masons typically recruit around 60-70% of their trainee solicitors through this programme, but acknowledge that not everyone can undertake a placement and fill a number of Training Contract placements directly.
- We believe in being as transparent as possible when it comes to our recruitment. We have 8 key competencies that we look for - commercially interested, confident, detail-conscious, driven, intellectually capable, organised, self-directed, sociable - and you'll find more information on these on our graduate website and in our brochure.
- 300+ UCAS points at A-level or equivalent (excluding Critical Thinking and General Studies)
- A strong 2:1 degree
Internships / placements
There are currently no vacancies on TARGETjobs. Please check back soon.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!