Are you a smart coder and get things done? Do you love simulation and gaming?
Join our team writing amazing code to connect disparate simulation technologies and help create realistic virtual worlds and outer space. You will join a team that invents technologies for large organisations like Airbus, Boeing, NASA, European Space Agency as well as serious gaming companies to build most advanced and high-tech simulators to solve complex problems of the future. We are looking for very talented, motivated individuals with their passion and willingness to learn.
With Pitch, you will find plenty of opportunities to work on diverse projects with not just one large company, but many of them from different industries. You will join a team that is not just great with technology but also with people. You will find an informal and fun culture that promotes work-life-balance and opportunity to learn everyday about cutting edge technologies. We will tailor a training programme to your individual needs including plenty of opportunity to spend time with our leading developers in Sweden.
Regardless of your background, experience and field of expertise we believe that, if you are Smart and Get Things Done, you will fit right in.
Pitch, a BAE Systems company, develops unique ground breaking simulation technologies and world-class products to solve some of the hardest simulation problems of our customers within aerospace, defence, transport, engineering and other industries.
In the UK, we are currently going through an exciting period of growth and transformation within Defence sector, thanks to our innovative simulation product range and increasing market demand. The current mix of challenges and opportunities in Defence must attract the best of talent to develop, deliver and support our products on some of the leading-edge and high profile simulation programmes in the UK.
We recognize that our success is in large part due to the outstanding talent and dedication of our people. We are constantly looking to broaden our existing talent base and maintain our strategic edge. If you are curious, creative and interested in technology, then join us for more than just a job!
As a Software Engineer you will be an integral part of the development team from day one. You will develop software in an agile and fun environment for our market-leading simulation products. You will write code that you are proud of, collaborate in designing and building engineering and training solutions for our customers and ultimately see the impact you are having on some of the most complex and high profile customer programmes.
The role presents a significant opportunity to work closely with the customers including periods of support at customer sites.
What we look from you
- Master or Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
- Computer skills
- Competent in Java and/or C++
- Experience within defence modelling and simulation would be desirable, but not a must
- Self-starter with good planning and organisation skills
- Extrovert, enjoys working with people, builds relationships with customers and industrial partners
- Continued willingness to learn
- Analytical and problem solver
- Good communicator, commercial thinker
- Creative, innovative and commercial thinking
- Appreciates travel and able to work at other Pitch or UK customer sites
- Must be currently eligible to work in the UK for any employer without sponsorship
- Must meet UK security requirements and eligible for SC clearance
What we offer
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
- Rewarding and fun employment experience
- Diverse range of simulation projects from under water systems to deep space
- An onboarding programme specifically designed for your individual training needs
- Mentoring by some of simulation industry’s leading technologists
- Company culture where your opinions, ideas, and participation in the company’s decisions and actions aren’t just welcome - they’re expected.