How would you like to apply your education in exciting and meaningful ways from day one? Are you passionate about crunching the numbers to drive strategy in a substantial way? If so, we have the perfect role for you.
The GLIC R&D Finance Manager Role is part of the Innovation Centre Management department at P&G’s Greater London Innovation Centre (GLIC). We lead R&D site operations, site safety, site purchasing & finance support and enable our R&D resources to innovate. The GLIC R&D Finance Manager role leads all aspects of Capital Management, project cost control, fixed asset management across GLIC (Egham, Bracknell & Reading sites) and leads site budget control for Egham.
In this role your normal place of work will initially be the Greater London Innovation Centre in Egham but is expected to move to the Greater London Innovation Centre in Reading.
What will be your key responsibilities?
Partnering with GLIC R&D Management, you will be required to set out and deliver an efficient and effective finance management vision for GLIC R&D, spanning the business units across the Egham, Bracknell & Reading R&D sites
You will be required to establish and document standard working practices for Capital management, Project cost control, fixed asset management and site budget control; and act as an informal team leader to the purchasing & finance team at both sites, involved in day to day coaching & training.
You will need to develop capital spending plans with R&D management and ensure capital projects are set up correctly at the start of each fiscal year. You’ll also act as the single point of contact on capital tracking from business unit co-ordinators. You’ll need to ensure project cost control processes are clearly defined and understood by all project managers on site, as well as execute transactions in SAP to ensure project structure is set-up, equipment can be ordered, and assets capitalised once delivered & in use.
You will manage site operations and site R&D budgets for Egham, both to build annual budget and track monthly. You will also be R&D tax credit co-ordinator for Egham.
You will need to ensure Fixed Asset owners are aware of responsibilities & informed of company finance policy changes, and ensure all assets are correctly tagged in a timely way and recorded in the correct location in the asset register, as well as manage the process for disposal of idle assets.
You will also lead the internal audit process for capital and fixed asset management.
What Skills & Qualifications are we looking for?
- Extensive knowledge of SAP is essential for this role. A working knowledge of Coupa purchasing process would be an advantage.
- A high level of understanding of Capital Management and Fixed Assets finance policies / systems, and the ability to apply them in a complex environment as you’ll be working on multiple groups with separate budgets. An understanding of internal controls audit process is preferable.
- An ability to quickly build collaborative relationships with a diverse group of people. The role requires partnership with R&D users & project managers to ensure stewardship levels are maintained, and R&D needs are met in terms of flexibility, timing etc. In addition, the role requires frequent communication with the site leader, site operations team and R&D employees across GLIC.
- An ability to understand business objectives and identify & create effective solutions achieve them. In light of the Egham/Bracknell site move to Reading, this role will require you to set our and deliver the most efficient and effective finance management vision for GLIC R&D post site move and a strong ability to independently judge the level of risk and then adapt solutions / work effort appropriately will be key.
- Strong communication & influencing skills, with employees and business leaders, as well as the ability to effectively coach/train other team members.
What we offer you
- Responsibilities as of day 1. You will have full ownership and autonomy to deliver change and results from the beginning.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment. At P&G our employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Continuous coaching. You will work with passionate people and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring from your line manager and other colleagues. Corporate and functional training will enable you to succeed and develop from day one.
- Benefits. You will receive a competitive salary as well as other great benefits including pension & share schemes.
Good to know
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, colour, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours.