We welcome enthusiasm and innovation to improve and challenge current methods and procedures.
As the year progresses you are given the opportunity to increase responsibility and autonomy to gain the most from your placement year.
Typical tasks may include:
- Managing the purchasing process including the B2B system, user training & liaising with suppliers regarding potential opportunities.
- Increasing internal customer satisfaction by supporting and improving the efficiencies of the procurement cycle.
- Managing the Prysmian supplier evaluation database and new supplier approval process.
- Raising purchase orders for goods and services for all areas of the business.
- Supporting the Purchasing team in a range of current and future projects as required.
- Negotiating contracts and setting up pricing agreements on SAP.
- Assisting colleagues in general SAP and B2B enquiries.
- Resolving quantity and price discrepancies.
- Communicating contract renewals and terminations, and support our ‘internal contract timetable database’.
- Assisting with preparation of presentations for monthly Management meetings.
- Helping to source, contact and negotiate with new suppliers.
- Updating purchase prices within SAP.
- Assisting the Purchasing and Engineering teams with quotation requests for projects.
- Driving the Unitary Price Monitoring (UPM) process on a monthly basis.
- Updating monthly category spend, contract log and non-raw material purchase order report in order to understand progress towards savings target.
- Assisting outsourced accounts department to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Managing the foreign currency hedging process related to non GBP spend.
- Assisting with the administration of company travel and expenses.
- Updating standard costs on a monthly basis within SAP.
Who We Are Looking For?
An individual who has:
- Organisational and project skills
- General computer skills essential with knowledge of Excel and Word
- Ability to deal with problems as and when they arise and to prioritise
- Additionally customer services or purchasing experience would be advantageous
- You will be an undergraduate studying a Business related degree.
Other personal skills required:
- Self-motivated and determined to resolve issues efficiently to a close
- Ability to think things through logically and then act upon them
- Good communication and interpersonal skills internally and externally
- Professional attitude towards working and a belief in the ‘Team’ ethic
- Confident telephone manner
We will expect a professional attitude to work and a willingness to learn and take initiative.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!