CAD Design and Test Engineer
We are seeking an undergraduate to join the Components engineering / technical team based at our Components factory in Wrexham. This will be a 12 month placement beginning in July. The successful candidate will join the technical/engineering team who design, test and support a diverse range of low and medium voltage cable accessories.
Typical tasks include:
Working as an integral part of the team to help it achieve its objectives of product design, testing and provide manufacturing and customer support.
To undertake design activities using our state of the art 3D CAD system and our in-house 3D rapid prototype facility.
Manage the production of prototypes for type testing of new products
Undertake bench-marking of Prysmian and competitor products in order to identify cost reduction opportunities.
Build and manage product type tests within the laboratory in Wrexham and external test houses.
Opportunities will be provided to gain first-hand experience of project review meetings, some including external customers.
Who We Are Looking For
- An undergraduate in Mechanical, Electrical or Product Design Engineering.
- Good practical skills within a laboratory environment
- Strong analytical skills to assimilate and review technical data
- Strong computer skills (MS Office & CAD skills)
- A knowledge of Autodesk Inventor would be advantageous
- Well organised, self-driven with positive attitude
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Professional attitude to work
NB. Due to the location of the factory, it would be advantageous to have a full clean, UK driving licence or own transport.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!