Every day is different and varied. You will be in charge of a wide range of different projects.
Typical tasks may include:
- Market research and analysis
- Web page design – Internet/Intranet
- Compiling and maintaining project tracking system
- Promotional and merchandising ideas
- Enhancements of PowerPoint presentations
- Marketing Database Management
- Literature Management and Distribution
- Manning information hotline
- Design of brochures, product literature, in-house magazine, mailshots etc
- Uploading and maintenance of the electronic product catalogue
- Raising requisitions for payment of goods
- Supporting Sales/Specification team
- Support of product launches
- General clerical support to Marketing Department
As the year progresses you are given the opportunity to increase responsibility and autonomy to gain the most from your placement year.
Who We Are Looking For?
An individual who has:
- Willingness to be part of a dynamic team
- Passion for making a difference in a short space of time
- A proactive “can-do” attitude and the resilience to overcome disappointment
- General computer skills and knowledge of Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator / Freehand / Quark Xpress is desirable (must have experience of use of some of the above – mention in interview)
- Organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Full driving licence would be beneficial (but not essential)
You will be an undergraduate ideally studying a Marketing or Business related degree. It is essential that you can work well in a team and possess excellent communication/interpersonal skills. Other personal skills required:
High level of initiative
Ability to overcome problems calmly and effectively
Project management skills
Flexible and responsive to change
We will expect a professional attitude to work and a willingness to learn and take initiative.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!