Assurance work placements – Autumn 2018
What we do
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We do this for our clients by helping them tackle complex business challenges, improve how they work and create the value they need.
In Assurance, we get right to the heart of business. With a continued demand for better corporate governance, accountability and transparency, we work with organisations to identify and manage their risks to best position them for the future.
Our role impacts everyone’s lives and it’s work that really matters. In this constantly evolving environment, Assurance offers you a diverse career working with a wide range of businesses and industries. This variety provides the opportunity to develop a broad range of effective business skills and enables our people to excel across the breadth of work Assurance offers.
Join Assurance and you could find yourself involved in:
Assurance (Financial Audit), Public Services, Risk Assurance or IT Risk Assurance and you’ll work with a variety of clients in all. You’ll be part of the team working with FTSE 100 companies, as well as thousands of smaller organisations and public sector organisations. As we work in many different industries, you’ll also be able to gain specific industry experience.
Work on real projects, learn about our business and get exposure to a prestigious client list. You'll work alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals on everyday projects. So you’ll get a good insight into working life at PwC. Our 11-month work placements start in September and are available at offices across the UK. You will sit a selection of professional accounting exams and get well on your way to becoming an ICAEW Chartered Accountant (ACA). You could leave with a graduate job offer and you’d then come back into a second year role to us, a year ahead of your peers.
What you’d do
You'll do the same work and benefit from the same training as our first-year graduate recruits, contributing to a range of client projects as part of a highly skilled team. The work can be intense at times – but you’ll have plenty of fun, not forgetting competitive rewards, along the way.
Reasons to join us
- Be part of the world’s leading professional services global network.
- Experience the best opportunities to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others, and through formal learning.
- Work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development - professional qualifications team, tutors, career coach and mentor and independent careers service team - to help you steer your career in your chosen direction.
- Be at the forefront of innovation and the heart of the digital revolution.
- Earn a competitive salary.
What you need to bring us
- A 2:1 or above in any degree subject
- You'll need to be on four-year degree programme that features a sandwich placement element
Opportunities are at the heart of a career with us. And we’re proud, based on the opportunity we offer, that students have voted us the number one Graduate Employer in The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers survey for the last 14 years.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!