Undergraduate Placement, Student Recruitment, August 2018
The PwC Deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a personally tailored benefits package.
Undergraduate work placement
These eleven-month placements are for students who need to complete a placement as part of their degree.
Internal Firm Services
Internal Firm Services business area is responsible for providing generalist HC (Human Capital, what we call Human Resources) support across our business which is comprised of over 17,000 UK employees across 35 offices. The HC team acts as a liaison, advisor and facilitator between the business and specialist HC support teams, allowing PwC to operate effectively to meet its people agenda.
- Ensure all candidates receive prompt feedback and appropriate guidance during the selection process.
- Liaise with interviewing Managers and assessors to help ensure prompt decision making and the completion of assessment records.
- Maintain various reports relating to recruits and joiners to the firm and produce analysis of such information when requested.
- Working with HCCS to identify and escalate shortages of interviewer, assessor or ambassador availability from the business and escalate to the appropriate recruiter within the team.
- Plan and host assessment centres.
- Attend a number of recruitment events outside of "normal working hours"
- Organise logistics and attendance for student recruitment events
- Process invoice payment requests appropriately
- Ownership of recruitment pipelines
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent administrative skills - must be IT proficient/Excel user
- Excellent communication skills – you must be able to flex your style to engage and communicate with a variety of different stakeholders
- Ability to proactively manage own time and maintain motivation when faced with large numbers of tasks.
- Proactive with high energy levels
- Ability to identify alternative solutions to potential issues
- A practical and sensible approach to problem solving, with the ability to think on your feet
- Strong interpersonal skills, personable with the ability to deal with difficult situations.
What you'll gain
By experiencing life inside one of the world's largest professional services organisations, you'll have a fantastic opportunity to build and work on your commercial awareness and interpersonal skills. Nothing can beat on-the-job experience for developing your skills - and you'll get plenty of it, both within PwC and on-site with clients - but we'll also steer you in the direction of appropriate training courses to develop you further. We'll also be looking to boost your ability to soak up complex business information, as well as your professional confidence - factors which will make a real difference when you return for your last year at university.
What you need to get in
- You'll need to be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject
- You'll need to be on four-year degree programme that features a sandwich placement element
Outstanding potential takes many forms and academic success is just one measure. That's why we have our 'Outstanding Achievement' entry route - it's an innovative way we're able to support applications from people who may not have met the academic requirements we're looking for, but have excelled in something else. Click here to find out more.
We know that the skills and experiences you develop with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We'll help you reach your full potential.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!