Join us in April 2018 in our Tax team at PwC
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Consider joining PwC within Tax. Whether you have recently left school or University, we have entry level opportunities in our Belfast, Birmingham, Manchester and Hull offices with a start date of April 2018 to join us on our Apprenticeship programme.
What you’d do in Tax
Every time you buy a packet of crisps, go to the cinema, download an app or get paid for your part-time job, some of your money gets paid to the Government in tax. And it gets spent on schools, the NHS and a host of other public services. But it’s not straightforward. As individuals, we pay different rates. So imagine how tricky it is as a business when you’re employing staff, making millions of pounds in profits or relocating to another country. And if you don’t get it right, there are penalties. That’s why it’s essential our clients understand their tax obligations and how to manage them effectively, ethically and within the law. Working in Tax means you’ll get to know everything about new tax developments and legislation. You’ll help our clients – from international businesses to wealthy individuals – plan for the future and manage their tax affairs effectively. Tax is always a hot topic in the media and managing the expectations of our clients is essential: tax issues can have a huge impact on our clients’ reputations, so we must advise them on how they may be perceived in the wider market.
What you’ll get
- You’ll earn a competitive salary
- You’ll study towards a professional qualification and a level 4 apprenticeship. We’ll support you to study for a nationally recognised professional qualification relevant to the work of your team. This will either involve study with the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) or a Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). After your initial training period, you can expect to join the graduate pathway, and enjoy the same career progression opportunities from this point.
- You’ll be part of a team, working on client projects, which means you’ll be learning on the job, building the in-depth business knowledge you’ll need to progress through our business.
- You’ll be looked after throughout your first few years by a dedicated team at PwC who will teach you all you need to know to do the job
- An iPhone and laptop
- You can also enjoy 25 days holiday plus an extra day at Christmas, discretionary bonuses, and many more perks through our optional benefits scheme
Who we are
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We tackle lots of different issues for loads of different organisations, entrepreneurs and private businesses. We help with big deals and big changes to their structures and businesses. We advise on many financial issues that impact their business including tax, auditing and the controls in place to ensure their business is operating effectively. We make sure they’re getting the most out of their IT helping them plan ahead to manage risk, make sure they’re sustainable, and profitable.
Reasons to join us
- Be part of the world’s leading professional services global network.
- Experience the best opportunities to learn, grow and excel, by learning on-the-job, learning from others, and through formal learning.
- Work in a supportive culture with access to a wide range of people to support your development - professional qualifications team, tutors, career coach and mentor and independent careers service team - to help you steer your career in your chosen direction.
- Be at the forefront of innovation and the heart of the digital revolution.
- Earn a competitive salary, holiday banking where you can accrue up to 40 days holiday and the ability to design a benefits package to meet your personal needs.
What you need to bring to us
- A UCAS tariff of at least 96 (or equivalent)
- A passion for business
- An eagerness to learn
How to apply
To apply to this vacancy visit our website via the 'Apply' button.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!