A pupillage at QEB offers top-quality training and very good financial support in a busy, friendly environment. A 12-month pupillage involves three pupil supervisors, but pupils are also encouraged to work with other tenants at all levels to gain a broad experience of our work. All our pupils are automatically considered candidates for tenancy and new tenants are only recruited from QEB pupils. Our reputation is such that where a pupil is not taken on, he or she is usually well placed elsewhere. BARMARK has repeatedly singled out the QEB Pupillage arrangements for particular praise.
Who should apply
The practice of family law is infinitely varied and clients come from all walks of life. International and conflict of laws issues arise increasingly often. An ability to deal not only with complex financial disputes, often involving commercial issues, but also with child-related or other emotionally fraught and sensitive situations, is essential. We are looking for applicants with a strong academic record (minimum 2.1 law or non-law degree save in exceptional circumstances), good legal and analytical skills, and also those who can demonstrate an ability to communicate sensitively with a wide range of people at a critical time in their lives.
- QEB recruits pupils through the Pupillage Gateway System (formerly called the Pupillage Portal).
- A 12-month pupillage involves three pupil supervisors, but pupils are also encouraged to work with other tenants at all levels to gain broad experience.
- Deferred applications for pupillage and sponsored pupils are not accepted.
- Pupillage contact is Andrew Campbell.
- Applications for mini-pupillages are encouraged and should be made by application form which can be downloaded from the chambers website. Applications for mini-pupillage are considered four times yearly, see website for details.
- Chambers actively encourages FRU participation.
- Chambers operates an equal opportunities policy.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!