Raleigh International Citizen Service (ICS)
Raleigh International Citizen Service (ICS) is a UK government funded development programme. It brings together young people to fight poverty in developing countries.
It’s your chance to spend 10-12 weeks living overseas. You will be part of a team of UK and local volunteers and empower people in a rural community to create lasting change.
You don’t need cash or qualifications to take part, just the ambition to make a difference. Raleigh ICS will change your life and the lives of others.
What will I achieve?
- Positive impact on communities and individuals. Create lasting change for people living in poverty.
- Valuable skills that you can use in the future. Gain experience that will benefit you and your career.
- Inspiration to make change. Make a difference in your own community when you return home.
What will I do?
- Help to improve people’s access to safe water and sanitation.
- Support young people to set up local businesses and enterprises.
We’ll choose the best placement for you based on your skills, interests and the needs of the community.
- Listen – you will get to know the communities, find out what problems they are facing and how to find solutions together.
- Talk – you will work with individuals, youth groups, or whole communities to build their skills, knowledge and change attitudes.
- Show – you will run awareness raising sessions and training workshops to inspire people to change behaviours.
- Work hard – days will be busy. We don’t give up until we get the job done, whether that is building a new water system or setting up a women’s group. You’ll be learning lots too.
Who can apply?
If you’re 18-25, open-minded, happy to work with others, and committed to making a difference, then you can apply to be a volunteer.
We also have team leader roles available if you’re aged 23-35.
Raleigh ICS is funded by UK Government, so all costs of your flights, visas, vaccines, training, food and accommodation are covered. All we ask is that you fundraise a minimum of £800 to show your commitment to the programme. This goes towards the programme as a whole.
Raleigh ICS is your opportunity to challenge yourself to change your world.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!