Funded Volunteering Overseas - Raleigh ICS
Are you graduating this year? No plans yet for this autumn? Do you want to take some time out and travel the world?
Raleigh International is looking for young people to volunteer overseas with ICS, a development programme which is fully funded by the UK Government.
ICS aims to bring about three things: project impact, volunteer personal development and the creation of active citizens.
- Aged 18-25? Apply as a volunteer. Placements last 12 weeks.
- Aged 23-35? Apply as a team leader. Placements last from 14 weeks to 8 months.
- With Raleigh ICS, you will focus on improving people’s access to water and sanitation, or supporting women and young people to set up small businesses in order to improve community resilience
- You will contribute to sustainable development and make a real difference to the lives of people living in poverty
What’s in it for you?
- It won’t cost you a penny.
Your flights, visas, vaccines, training, food, medical insurance and accommodation are all covered
- You’ll have a completely unique experience
10-12 weeks living with a host family, experiencing a new culture and working with local volunteers. You’ll be part of the community.
- You’ll be more employable afterwards
You’ll gain teamwork, leadership and communication skills, which will make you stand out, and set you up well for whichever career you choose.
“To someone who is thinking about volunteering with ICS, I would say, definitely do it! It's an amazing experience, difficult at times, but so, so worthwhile. You'll make friends for life, have a huge impact on the community you're working in, and learn a lot more about different cultures, ways of living, and yourself than you would ever expect!” Helena, Raleigh ICS Tanzania 2015
Applications are now open for our autumn placements:
- Nepal: 27 Sep - 19 Dec 2017 and 28 Sep - 20 Dec 2017
- Nicaragua: 28 Sep - 20 Dec 2017
- Tanzania: 26 Sep - 16 Dec 2017
Wherever you go, you can be confident that you will be doing something that’s creating impact. We base our work in these countries because their governments and communities share our ambition of creating lasting change for everyone. By working together, we can make this a reality.
Interested? Apply online today and we’ll invite you to an assessment day.
- You’ll need a positive attitude, commitment, and drive to make a difference
- You must be a UK or EU/EEA citizen and have lived in the UK for at least 12 months
- You'll be asked to fundraise a minimum of £800 to demonstrate your commitment to the programme
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!