Human Resources Internship
Get your career off to a flying start with our ten week paid internship in Human Resources.
You’ll gain real insight into our people strategy, and be perfectly placed to potentially join our graduate programme the following year.
About the programme
This ten week summer internship’s designed to give you direct experience of the work we do in Human Resources, our goals and our team culture. You’ll learn about the vital role we play, get involved in exciting project work, and see first hand what we’re doing to make RBS a great place work.
We’ll reward you with a salary of £21,500 pro rata, depending on location.
The internship’s a great opportunity to:
- Develop your skills, and build some new ones
- Meet new people and grow your professional network
- Deepen your understanding of business and HR
- Experience our team culture and values
- Get stuck into a real life project and add value to our business
- Gain valuable career experience, which will inspire your future career choices
For us, it’s also about finding and engaging talented and passionate people, who’ll make a difference to our business in the long term. That’s why if you complete the internship successfully, and enjoy your experience, there could be a place available for you on our 2020 Human Resources graduate programme.
What you'll do
The internship starts with an induction and you’ll begin a ten week placement, where you’ll attend training workshops, get involved with our day to day work, and take part in a business improvement project.
You’ll be updating your learning log so, towards the end of the internship, you’ll be able to show off everything you’ve learned in your final assessment.
We’ll pair you up with a ‘buddy’ and a line manager you’ll support you for the full ten weeks.. Your buddy will be a current graduate, who’ll help you get settled by sharing their experience. Your line manager will provide guidance and support throughout the programme, discuss career options, and help you grow your professional network.
To be eligible for our Human Resources internship, you’ll need to be in your penultimate year of a university degree, and on course for a 2:1.
If you’re passionate about understanding and supporting people then this would be a great choice of programme.
We’ll be looking out for people who show:
- An inquisitive mind-set, with the desire to bring new ideas forward
- The ability to build great working relationships, based in understanding, empathy and trust
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to new challenges
If that sounds like you, then why not apply?