Technology Graduate Programme
What does the bank of the future look like? How can we harness new technology to make banking smarter, safer and more responsive for our customers?
Join us in exploring these questions and shaping the answers, on our Technology graduate pathway.
As a Graduate trainee you’ll be gaining first-hand experience of the vital role technology plays in our business, and building a compelling blend of technical and people skills that will prove invaluable in your career.
About the programme
The Technology programme covers a broad range of areas, from software design to systems architecture, and will see you working closely with teams throughout the function.
The Technology pathway is excellent preparation for a wide range of career paths, and some of the possible roles to move into could include:
- Software Engineer
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Quality Analyst
You’ll be rewarded with a starting salary of £31,850. On top of your salary you’ll also have access to our flexible benefits package.
On the Technology programme you can look forward to:
- Collaborative working in an agile environment to continuously improve and deliver technology solutions to better meet the needs of our internal and external customers in the most efficient, cost-effective and reliable way
- Building the technical skills needed to become a specialist e.g. Software Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Quality Analyst with a broad knowledge of how to apply those skills across Technology
- Developing the confidence and influencing skills to innovate and challenge the status quo
In Technology, we’re focused on delivering value to our customers, supporting each other and developing our people’s capability so we’ve created a completely new way of working – domains. Domains are collections of people from across Technology who’re organised into specific groups so we can be more agile. Each domain has its own focus and our graduates will complete four rotations in one of these domains so, by the time your rotations are over, you’ll be an expert in that field.
We pride ourselves on the professional support we offer our graduates, and the friendly, down to earth community our graduates have shaped themselves.
Before you start, you’ll be paired with a ‘buddy’ (a graduate already on the programme) who’ll be there to help you get settled, answer any questions, and share their experiences.
You’ll also be assigned a Graduate Coach and a Placement Manager. Your Graduate Coach will be there to provide support throughout the programme, and will work with you to create a personal Capability Plan; your Placement Manager will provide rotation specific support, and may change with each placement. Together, they’ll help you reflect on your progress, develop your career, and build your professional network.
For the Technology Programme you’ll need to be on course for, or already have achieved, a 2:2 or above.
We are looking for curious and inquisitive people, with a real passion for technology and the drive to explore how it can be used to make a positive difference for our customers. You’ll be keen to work in a fast-paced environment, responding to customers’ changing needs and priorities.
- A strong customer focus
- Problem solving skills, with a willingness to learn and quickly adapt to change
- An innovative and creative mind-set
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build great working relationships as you work towards a common goal
In short, you’ll be something of an all-rounder – as comfortable solving technical problems as you are explaining concepts and thrashing out ideas with others.
If that sounds like you, then why not apply?