2019 Graduate Technology Program
Reed Business Information are seeking high-calibre and ambitious Technology Graduates. We have multiple roles on our scheme including Software Developers, dev Dev Ops, System Engineers and Desktop Support.
Our Graduate roles will place you into the heart of dynamic, best-of-class technology teams working with the newest technologies on an international scale. In every case you will receive a tailored blend of technical, commercial, and soft-skills training/coaching and a carefully mapped career development path.
Working with the latest web technologies (AngularJS, NodeJS, Java, .Net), database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB) and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD, DevOps and Continuous Deployment) to name just a few, our Technology Graduates work closely with their customers to create innovative and market leading products for clients across the world.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Should be a recent graduate
- STEM (All Sciences, Technology, Economics or Math’s) related degree level education or equivalent. Computer Science or technical related degree desirable.
- Object Oriented programming language skills (preferably C#)
- Relational Database exposure
- A passion for problem solving
- Hunger for picking up new technologies
- A commitment to self-improvement
Throughout the scheme you will get exposure to some of the below technologies. So previous experience or an interest in the below is beneficial:
- Statistical Analysis
- NoSQL and distributed database experience
- Cloud Technologies/Terraform/Docker/Kubernetes
- Data transformation
- Angular-software engineering platform
And what about your career after the scheme finishes?
Career development is a big thing for us and we take our PDP (personal development plan) process very seriously. We want you to learn and progress quickly in the direction you want to go and will provide you with the training and support to achieve that at the right pace. The great thing about us, career-wise is that we’re a company made up of leading online businesses so you can develop in three dimensions, vertically through the business, across different brands, and across different functions (if you fancy a change). We’re also an increasingly global business and are often able to offer overseas opportunities either as secondments or on a permanent basis.
About Reed Business Information
- RBI is a global business and we provide vital information, analytics and data solutions to our customers across the globe. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, New York, Chicago, Paris, Shanghai, Dubai and Singapore – to name just a few.
- We’re a technology business with a real passion for innovation and product development, and we work closely with our customers to grow their businesses, so we’re looking for people who want to grow too. We never stand still.
- We’re also part of RELX Group, a FTSE-100 company and a world-leading provider of information and analytics to a huge range of industries. With over 30,000 employees in over 30 countries, and revenues approaching $10 billion, there’s a lot of opportunity for you to succeed.
- Forbes have recently placed RELX as the UK’s #1 technology employer and #53 in their ‘World’s best Employers’ list.
Women in technology:
- RBI is very supportive of women in Technology and has been a founding signature for the Tech Talent Charter. Currently 26% of our Technology workforce are women, which is much higher than the UK average of 17%. We have the following initiatives in place to support women in technology:
- Mentoring scheme for women in technology
Women’s network forum
- Regularly run events in school about careers in technology to inspire the next generation of women in tech
- RBI proudly support the Tech Talent Charter. Visit our website to find out more
- RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SALARY: Competitive with extensive benefit package and regular pay reviews.
LOCATION: London and Surrey
How to Apply:
- Please apply online via the Reed Business Information careers site for consideration.
- Please submit your CV via the apply email link
The selection process will involve telephone interviews and a group assessment centre. The assessment centre will commence in February 2019.
The start date for these roles will be September 2019