Line Manager: HR Manager, UK
Reply is a leading Consulting, Systems Integration and Application Management company, specializing in the creation and implementation of solutions based on new communication networks and digital media.
Reply’s offer is aimed at fostering the success of its customers through the introduction of innovation along the whole economic digital chain. Given its knowledge of specific solutions and due to a consolidated experience, Reply addresses the main core issues of the various industrial sectors.
Based on a network of companies specialized by service offering, Reply combines the planning and organizational capacity of a large corporation with the flexibility and dynamism typical of specialist companies.
The team provides HR services, as part of Shared Services, to 16 small UK companies and 3 in Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands and France, in all a population of 550 people. The HR Assistant has responsibility for administering the full employee lifecycle based on the Company Policies, from issuing offers and contracts of employment and on-boarding to handling leavers’ administration. The role has a specific focus on Benelux & France regions though based in the UK, and so will require a good French speaker as a minimum pre-requisite of the position.
There will be opportunities to get involved in employee relations issues as well as more strategic HR topics such as exit interviews. A close collaboration and support in labour matter to the managers of our companies will be required.
Employee Lifecycle and Administration
- Issuing offer letters and contracts of employment to new hires and communicating with new starters prior to their joining
- Obtaining all required paperwork – work permits, passports, driving licences for new and existing employees
- Manage the pre-Employment Screening process with our provider, including references, using online reference checking system
- Act as Authorising Officer for company’s Visa Sponsorship License. Responsible for ensuring all information is tracked and valid for all migrant workers, and keeping abreast of changes in legislation
- Managing six-week calls, probationary period paperwork and process
- Maintenance and management of HR information management system
- Identifying any trends in sickness absence and escalating where necessary and managing sickness absence process
- Managing maternity and paternity leave and pay
- General HR paperwork e.g. changes to terms, flexible working applications, salary and promotion letters, references for employees (mortgage applications) and external employee reference requests
- Processing leavers including calculating holiday allowance and all related paperwork
- Conducting some exit interviews
- First line support for employees, senior managers and key stakeholders on HR policies and procedures
- Supporting HR Manager in managing disciplinary, grievance, TUPE transfer and consultation meetings
- Owner of Staff Handbook and responsible for updating and improving it according to legislation and best practice
Compensation & Benefits
- Administration of all company benefits
- Payroll preparation including: starter, leavers, benefits information and employee changes
- Working alongside the Senior HR Officer to implement the roll out of government initiative of auto-enrolment
- Providing individual members of staff with information relating to pay and other benefits, pension scheme entitlements and Family Friendly policies
- BA/BSc in a business-related subject, ideally HR Management, with a grade of 2:1 minimum.
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English, and fluency in French.
- Previous experience in employment law from at least one of the following: Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, France.
- Flexible for frequent travel to Benelux & France regions as required.
- A keen interest in providing HR advice to employees and managers alike.
- Conscientious and detail-oriented.
- Can-do attitude, flexible and a friendly approachable nature.
- The ability to explain complex issues simply and clearly.
- Able to work and stay calm under pressure.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!