Graduate Analyst, Portaltech Reply
How would you like to start your programming career working with (and learning from) an experienced coding team working on Hybris, a top-three e-commerce framework, for a famous high-street and online retailer?
We have a graduate/entry-level position here at Portaltech; you’ll start by working & learning with the support team; getting familiar with the system by owning operational issues and driving through the resolutions. You’ll get experience of troubleshooting, implementing and documenting your solutions (learning about Hybris, Java and e-commerce all the while) and will gradually increase the amount of code you write, working towards a full Software Development role. If you show the right aptitude and attitude, we’ll even get you Hybris Certified.
This is an amazing opportunity to get on the first step of the ladder on a future-proofed development career; learning about e-commerce and digital retail, from a top-rank enterprise team working on the live production environment of a big name international retailer.
For the initial support role, you’ll be expected to:
- Manage your assigned tickets (owning operational issues and request to resolution)
- Carry out Daily health check management on the Hybris system to ensure all main Services are
- available and working as expected and take corrective approach as and when required
- Update Support documentation in Confluence
- Participate in a rota (1 week in 3 providing out of hours on-call support)
- Create Java code fixes and minor developments
We Are Looking For Talented Graduates Who:
- Obtained a 2.1 or higher in a Computer Science / Technology related degree
- Design and explore new solutions
- Break new ground
- Challenge the status quo
- Passionate about the latest technologies
What Skills Are We Looking For?
Ideally we would like you to have knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Excellent verbal and written English skills;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Experience in Java;
- Relational Databases;
- Security & Networks
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!