Food & Drink Team Account Assistant
This is a great opportunity for someone starting out in PR.
You’ll be joining an award-winning London PR agency with great opportunities to grow your career.
You’ll be working across a range of food and drinks brands on branded and generic campaigns, building strong relationships with media and driving high quality media coverage.
- to be responsible for the effective and efficient execution on a day-to-day basis of assigned PR programmes, as directed by your account manager and/or director
- to develop an understanding of the wider aspects of those programmes in order to play a fuller role as an assistant/ executive member of your group
- to establish the trust and confidence of your assigned clients
- to be familiar with and carry out all duties and responsibilities to the standards required by the agency
Key tasks and priorities will vary according to client programmes, but are likely to be the following:
- all aspects of press relations, including: press releases, features and briefing sheets, writing to specified formats, styles and deadlines, organising interviews, liaising with journalists, identifying and maximising opportunities for coverage, maintaining up-to-date feature opportunity lists, gaining an in-depth knowledge of target media and an understanding of their needs/how they work
- understanding and working knowledge of digital communication and social media
- other aspects of copy writing (e.g. literature, newsletters, etc)
- maintaining comprehensive and up-to-date media contact/mailing lists
- liaising with clients; attending client meetings as directed
- monitoring press coverage and reporting both to your account manager and/or director and back to client as appropriate
- liaising with suppliers (photographers, designers, printers, etc) as directed by your account manager and/or director
- helping to organise press events and other functions
- undertaking research projects as required (e.g. research for new business enquiries/proposals)
- ensuring detailed contact reports of all meetings/decisions are completed and distributed on time
- preparing regular activity/status reports for clients under the direction of your account manager or director
- identifying new business opportunities, contributing to the preparation of proposals and, where appropriate, taking part in new business presentations
- playing a positive and supportive role as a member of your group, and of the agency
You may also be required to undertake further specific duties as directed by your account manager and/or other directors of the agency