Graduate Information Systems Support Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate who wants to work across a range of technologies and to 3rd line support levels. As Information Systems Support Engineer you will be part of a technical team, responsible for the monitoring, management and development of systems that support the RM Group's 1500 staff across several offices in the UK and India. As part of the Information Systems Support team you will be responsible for a range of products and services including Office365, MS Azure, Cisco Networking, Firewalls & security devices, Avaya VoIP and VMWare.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with Software and Infrastructure Development teams to constantly evolve and improve the products and services we provide. Working with Cisco, Windows, Office 365, Azure and VMWare technologies, amongst many others, you will be encouraged to develop your technical skills while resolving internal customer facing issues and implementing infrastructure improvement projects.
Your technical development will be supported by external training, in-house mentoring and coaching plus internal training courses.
- Provide direct support to 1500 internal customers across numerous UK and Indian Offices.Provide support for a range of products through Office365, MS Azure, Cisco networking, firewalls and security devices, Avaya VoIP, MS Windows, VMWare, Commvault and other related technologies.
- Work with the Software and Infrastructure Development team to manage and support newly implemented products and services
- Deliver projects such as SharePoint Migrations, Bitlocker Implementations, Office migrations and many more.
- Work with your peers and team leaders to identify and produce enhancements to already implemented systems.
Skills & experience
We're looking for applicants who have achieved or are on track to achieve a 2.1 degree or higher in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or related discipline, with a demonstrable passion for technology.
In addition you will have:
- Strong problem solving skills, with an inquisitive and creative approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong active listening skills and the ability to build strong relationships with and influence colleagues and customers
- Highly customer focused with an empathetic and customer-centric approach
- Sound planning & organisational skills to handle the workload and to prioritise activities across the group of customers in a dynamic work environment
- Improvement focus and good decision making ability
Our comprehensive benefits package includes 25 days’ annual leave (with the option to buy an extra 5 days), a performance related bonus scheme, and a group personal pension.
Why you should consider this role
You will have real responsibility in your day job from Day 1. You will join RM's graduate development programme which is designed to develop you into a well-rounded professional. You will be empowered to create your career development plan and make educated decisions regarding your next steps at RM. Our graduates make a very significant and visible impact from the beginning and benefit from strong career progression opportunities in a successful organisation that makes a positive contribution to the teaching and learning of millions of young people.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!