Graduate Software DevOps Engineer
This is a great opportunity for a graduate with a passion for technology to work on our curriculum software products for schools and colleges.
RM Education is a leading provider of ICT solutions to schools and is certified as a Top Employer UK. As Graduate Software Engineer you will be working on new and innovative technologies and continuing to develop products such as our network management solution used in over 6000 UK schools, as well as RM Unify, our launchpad to the Cloud, and other solutions.
You will be part of the Software Development Operations team working on a project basis, developing operational tools and also dealing with support issues for high profile software products.
The role will suit someone who loves to discover new technologies and is passionate to explore how it can bring competitive advantage to RM, and make a valuable difference to millions of learners. In return, RM can offer a challenging and stimulating work environment and strong career development opportunities. You will also have the opportunity to spend time in our India office in Kerala to work with our development team. Longer term there is the opportunity to progress to a technical architect role.
- Develop tools and systems for delivering, operating and supporting our enterprise-scale SaaS solutions
- Work on Development Operations projects to improve our ability to deliver new software and services
- Solve complex customer issues with live systems when they’re escalated from support teams, performing root-cause analysis to ensure those issues don’t recur
- Build and maintain excellent working relations with the other development and operations teams across RM to proactively improve the performance and reliability of all our solutions, working especially closely with our lead developers and architects.
- Work with your colleagues to continually build up the technical skills to support products across a wide range of technologies such as the .NET and Java stacks, on our premises and in Microsoft Azure. The majority of our estate is hosted on Windows Server, with some Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Skills & experience
We're looking for applicants who have achieved or are on track to achieve a 2.1 degree or higher, preferably in a Science, Computer Science/Software Engineering or Mathematics degree (or equivalent).
In addition you will have:
- A real passion for technology and emerging and innovative products and trends
- Results orientation and self-motivation
- Excellent problem solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
Our comprehensive benefits package includes 25 days’ annual leave (with the option to buy an extra 5 days), a performance related bonus scheme, and a group personal pension.
Why you should consider this role
You will have real responsibility in your day job from Day 1. You will join RM's graduate development programme which is designed to develop you into a well-rounded professional. You will be empowered to create your career development plan and make educated decisions regarding your next steps at RM. Our graduates make a very significant and visible impact from the beginning and benefit from strong career progression opportunities in a successful organisation that makes a positive contribution to the teaching and learning of millions of young people.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!