Graduate Designer (graphic designer/ creative designer)
Are you looking for a flexible Graduate Scheme where you get to decide whether you specialise or rotate around the business? Do you want to define your own career path with the help and support of a structured development programme? Do you want to work for a UK Top Employer with a successful history of developing Graduates?
If so, our Graduate Scheme is likely to be what you're looking for.
We are looking for a graduate designer (graphic designer/ creative designer) to join RM's small and dynamic creative team which supports a diverse range of teams, products and activities and has the ability to make an impact across the business.
As Graduate Designer you will be driven to deliver high-impact creative solutions that contribute and enhance a diverse portfolio of software products, services and marketing communications. You will strive to meet and exceed expectations through the execution of solutions that are highly creative and innovative.
You will work closely with all levels of the creative and marketing departments. Every member of the small team is an integral part of everything we deliver, and you will be no exception.
You will have the ability to brainstorm ideas and concepts with confidence, which you'll then take from initial sketches through to fully rounded and complete design solutions. Communication is a key part of the role and you will be able to clearly present your work to any audience at any level of the business. Your confidence will come through your work through every conversation you have across the business.
- Work closely with all levels of the creative and marketing communications teams to fully understand design problems using creative thinking. Understand the requirements and problem statement for every job you are assigned, before making creative decisions and that solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Deliver a diverse range of products and activities, including: user interfaces; ad campaigns; brand development initiatives; asset creation; exhibitions and event creative; animation and motion storyboarding; corporate communications; and, corporate identity.
- You will be a key player in the development of the RM brand
- Create online and offline design solutions that are functionally sound and possess a high visual impact.
- Clearly present and convey your concepts to any level of the business as required.
- Take an active role in the development and implementation of the RM brand via all branded materials and marketing communications.
Skills & experience
You will have achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:1 or first class honours degree. In addition we are looking for:
- creative flair
- up-to-date knowledge of industry software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- a strong visual sense
- confidence to present and convey ideas to internal customers and colleagues
- the ability to grasp problems statements and offer creative solutions that exceed expectations
- fierce attention to detail
- the ability to multi-task and balance the needs of several projects concurrently
- exceptional team-working skills
- ability to work unsupervised.
Please submit work samples (pdf files or weblinks) with your application.
At RM we are proud to have over 40 years' experience of supporting education. As the leading supplier of technology to the sector our history is as inspiring as our future. We are here to improve the lives of educational users from early years all the way through to professionals. Put simply, we help teachers teach and learners learn. Because that's what each of us loves to do.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!