Game Tester (Night Shift)
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Lincoln is on the lookout for talented Game Testers who are passionate, enthusiastic and self-motivated to join our internal QA team. This is a Fixed Term Contract position ending 27th September 2019, based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Lincoln, UK.
What we do
- Ensure the product quality of Rockstar releases to an industry leading standard.
- Create and work through comprehensive test plans to ensure everything is functioning correctly.
- Write up bug reports when required; concisely explaining issues and providing required information and attachments.
- Work cohesively with other departments to gain a full understanding of all systems in test.
- Testing games and applications across various platforms, gaining an extensive knowledge of each.
- Finding, reproducing, and accurately reporting issues in detailed bug reports.
- Carrying out examination and revision of reported issues.
- Providing clear and concise critical analysis and feedback, when requested.
- Participating in a close-knit, friendly atmosphere, sharing ideas, helping others when needed.
- Learning about and adhering to our internal systems, software and processes.
- Competent gaming ability.
- An interest in and understanding of the video game industry.
- Good general PC knowledge, including experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Good standard of written English.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- The ability to concisely present complex information via bug reports.
- The ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to become quickly accustomed to various in-house software systems.
- Ability to work productively and collaboratively, respecting others' opinions.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Degree level educated.
- Previous industry experience.
- Knowledge of current generation games consoles, PCs and mobile devices.
- Experience with a variety of database software.
- Comfortable in expressing thoughts and opinions constructively.
- We are currently looking to hire for our night shift team, with usual working hours between 18:30 – 03:00.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age and above. The position will be a full-time fixed term contract.
- This is a two-stage application process. You will first be asked to complete a video interview; from which you may be asked to attend an in-studio interview.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.