Power your future with our engineering graduate programme
Are you excited to kick start your engineering career in a dynamic organisation, focused on securing the UK’s energy supply?
Our IET & IMechE accredited programme provides the perfect blend of development; including the technical, practical and business skills needed to be an engineer of today and tomorrow.
Programme duration: 2 years.
Placement length: 4 weeks to 6 months
Start date: Aug/Sept 2019
Degree requirements: any engineering, technology, science or mathematics disciplines
Engineers are essential to our power generation business. During the scheme you will shape your career through delivering on key engineering projects across a variety of functions such as:
- Power station maintenance shutdown – eg. day-day management of contractors on a multi-million pound maintenance activity, management of Non Destructive Testing activities on an HRSG 4 yearly pressure parts inspection
- Engineering support – working in our internationally recognised Centre of Engineering Excellence eg. a pressure system life extension analysis in Steam Raising engineering, a Gas Turbine inspection in Turbine Engineering or a Safety Critical System plant modification evaluation in Electrical, Control & Instrumentation
- Power station operations - eg. a shift cycle in the control room of a 2100MW CCGT power station, optimising the thermal efficiency of a forced draft hybrid cooling tower, maintenance planning on a new Bio-mass fired boiler
- Commercial - Supporting a Thermal Performance Test on a 500MW Coal Fired Unit to evaluate the optimum time to take a CCGT Power Station maintenance shutdown with our Performance and Commercial Team.
Spread over the two years, your training will include: Specialist Technical skills courses, CMI Diploma in Team Leading, IOSH Managing Safely and Environmental & Chemistry skills courses.
Rotations, development, countless opportunities…
Your base location will typically be where you start and finish, and during the two year programme you will have the opportunity to complete placements at a number of our locations. On successful completion of the programme, we look forward to your application for an engineering role in one of our power stations or support centres.
Who are we looking for?
- Your analytical and problem solving skills will be outstanding
- You have a desire to learn, and further develop your skills
- Your highly motivated can-do attitude enables you to work independently
- You are a fantastic team-player with exceptional communication skills
- You take initiative, are conscientious and committed
- You have a passion for the energy industry
What our graduates say:
“Engaging with internal and external networks enabled me to meet engineers internationally from RWE Group, and also the chance to learn best practise from outside the organisation.” Sholan Pillay, Mechanical graduate
“Advice? Go for it. Get involved in a rapidly changing industry and help shape the future.” Sam Geddes, C&I graduate