Graduate Technical Enquiries Advisor
- Are you looking to launch your Building or Construction career with an award winning, globally recognised brand?
- Do you want a career without boundaries?
- Is it important that you work for a company that encourages you to reach your full potential?
- Does a real job with real responsibilities appeal to you?
If your answers to the above are ‘Yes’, then joining Saint-Gobain could be the right career move for you! We are one of the Top 100 Global Innovators and one of the 50 largest employers in the world. We recently celebrated our 350th anniversary, and we harness this experience every day to be the leader in Sustainable Habitat.
In the UK and Ireland, some of the best known and respected companies in the construction sector are part of Saint-Gobain. This includes British Gypsum, the UK's leading manufacturer of plasterboard and plaster-based drylining systems and products. We are looking for a committed and talented individual to join this highly innovative company in as Technical Sales Support role. Could this be you?
What will I be doing?
In this role you will be the technical expert responding quickly to customer enquiries whilst maximising specifications. You will need to ensure familiarity with British Gypsum products and have the enthusiasm to support colleagues to offer the best technical advice that supports brand values. Some of the activities and responsibilities in the role will include:
- Ensuring that British Gypsum’s technical reputation and integrity is demonstrated consistently in all specifications and support material to ensure the best service to our customers.
- Using your knowledge of our systems and products, you will play an integral role in identifying gaps and opportunities in order to cross sell and upsell.
- The creation of close working relationships across the business to include the technical sales team and the technical advice centre which this role resides.
- Is able to spot high value customer opportunities and prioritise accordingly, has the ability to anticipate customer needs. Is responsive, a quick thinker and has a customer service ethos.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we are looking for people who share our values and want to part of something bigger. You will relish a challenge and thrive in demanding conditions, someone who uses their initiative to support their business to operate effectively and successfully. You will need;
- A Building or Construction degree – 2:1 Minimum achieved/expected (a focus around Building Physics would be beneficial)
- A strong, technical understanding, coupled with a customer service ethos to ensure your customers are wholly satisfied
- To be an individual who thinks creatively and quickly, constantly seeking new and better ways to achieve your objectives
- A desire to constantly stretch yourself and develop in your role – a desire for career development is paramount.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Where will my career with Saint-Gobain take me?
This role presents a great opportunity to start your career with a market leading organisation, which is part of the wider international Saint-Gobain group. It is important for us to recruit and promote the right talent into our businesses; talented and enthusiastic people who feel passionate about our aims and who want to be part of something bigger. We are passionate about providing excellent training, regular appraisals and career planning and management. With a presence in over 60 countries, and with more than 30 businesses operating in the UK & Ireland, we offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of opportunities across countless types of career, so no matter what business you start your career with at Saint-Gobain; you truly have the ability to build a career anywhere within our group.
Join Saint-Gobain and have a career without boundaries. Are you in?
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!