Assistant Company Secretary
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary to join our Company Secretariat team in Binley. The Assistant Company Secretary will be reporting into the Deputy Company Secretary. The successful candidate will assist with the management of the statutory compliance and corporate governance requirements for Saint-Gobain companies in the UK, Ireland, Channel Island and Isle of Man.
Who will I be working for?
It doesn’t matter which of the 32 Saint Gobain businesses you join in the UK and Ireland, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment that values all of its employees equally. This vacancy is working for the Saint-Gobain Delegation – The UK’s presence for the Saint-Gobain head office functions; Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will I be doing?
- As Assistant Company Secretary you will;
- Maintain our company corporate databases
- Prepare the year-end financial accounts
- Prepare company secretarial documentation, including drafting of board minutes
- Process renewals of licences including Data Protection Registration and Copyright Licencing Agency
- Provide administration support of share plans grants and maturities and corporate reorganisations, amalgamations and liquidations
Am I who you are looking for?
The successful candidate will;
- Preferably hold a bachelor’s degree with at least a 2:2
- Be an ICSA Chartered Secretary with a minimum of one year’s post qualification experience
- Regularly liaise with our parent company in Paris and written and spoken French is desirable but is not essential
What will I get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, we are able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package. In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing in one of 32 businesses in the UK, or indeed overseas in one of the 67 countries in which we operate. We will be able to discuss this in more depth upon application completion
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!