12-month placements/graduate roles with London-based asset manager
Are you looking for a placement or graduate role with real responsibility from day one? Do you want invaluable experience and knowledge of the inner-workings of an industry-leading asset manager? Do you want the opportunity to work for a highly regarded, well-established firm? This company are looking to hire placement students and graduates from all degree backgrounds across many areas of asset management….
These roles are open to graduates and placement students from any degree subject, however you must be on track for or achieved a 2.1. You will receive support throughout the entire application process!
Who is the company?
- With around $50 billion under management and offices across the globe, the company is one of Europe’s largest specialist fixed income managers
- Established in 2001, the company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Canada, with full investment autonomy and substantial operational independence
- Located in beautiful, modern offices in Mayfair, the company pride themselves on their core values of integrity, transparency and respect, taking a collaborative and innovative approach with their clients
What are the roles?
Graduate roles and 12-month placements in:
- Operations - The operations area is the ‘engine room’ of the business, working with the entire business to ensure smooth running of trading processes
- Client Operations - Client and regulatory reporting for those with outstanding communication skills
- RFP (Request for Proposal) - Creating and collating content for client proposals, great for those who enjoy researching & writing
- Sales - Working alongside the company’s sales team to assist in the selling of financial products to customers in Central and Southern-European markets
- Process Improvement - Looking at internal processes within teams to make them more efficient, for those comfortable with data analysis
- Tech and Operational Risk - Managing the risk in these areas of the company, by both investigating past incidents and analysing current processes and activities to ensure risk is minimised
- Performance - Calculating how investments are performing by running reports on funds. Great for quantitative candidates
- Risk - Analysing risk in funds and investigating changes in finance and operations teams to ensure risk is correctly reflected
- IT Service Desk - The IT face of the company, providing internal IT support to everyone in the business, including senior management
- Quantitative Analyst - Providing the analysis that supports the investment process and decision making, using R Shiny
- Finance - Financial planning and fund accounting - looking at the revenue and costs of the firm, and checking that the net asset value is correct
- PMO (Project Management Office & Projects) - Project management - overseeing all changes in the business, working on as many as 50 projects at a time touching all areas of the firm
- Client Data - Involved in the strategy and operations of business development by putting together and executing a coherent sales plan
Why should you apply?
- These 12-month placement and graduate roles offer an entry-level route into this exciting firm, with hands-on experience in a specialist department
- You will gain invaluable experience and knowledge of the inner-workings of an asset manager
- You will have the opportunity to work for a highly regarded, well-established firm who are experts in their area of fixed income
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a sociable graduate community that spans across many different teams who often work together
- You will be offered training in all areas of financial services, providing you with great exposure to the asset management industry
- You will have the chance to attend hedge fund events to broaden your knowledge of the asset management industry