Actuarial Graduate Programme
Do you have an interest in business and finance? Are you looking for a graduate role that provides funding and support for your Actuarial professional qualification? Would you like to make an impact on some of the world’s biggest firms? One of the Big 4 professional services firms are looking for final year students and graduates from a numerate background, to apply for their Business Consulting (Actuarial) graduate scheme.
Who is the company?
- Our client, 1 of the Big 4 professional services companies, is one of the largest providers of actuarial services in the world.
- As a top 20 graduate employer with around 200,000 employees operating across 150 countries, their expertise ensures they are constantly adding value for their clients.
- Why Bristol? As one of the UK’s most popular tourist destinations, Bristol is a centre of heritage and culture with its scenic rivers and vibrant nightlife.
What is the role?
- In Business Consulting, you will act as an expert advisor to the insurance industry by helping organisations manage financial risk.
- You will use analysis from past events to create future models, allowing you to accurately advise clients on their financial implications.
- You could join Life Actuarial Services where you will be advising clients in the Life Insurance industry, who provide investment related products such as insurance bonds.
- Alternatively, you could join the General Insurance team where you will be advising reinsurance companies, general insurance companies and banks for things such as risk modelling, capital management and catastrophe modelling.
Why should you apply?
- Working in Business Consulting will equip you with a strong understanding of insurance and its impact on global businesses.
- Your qualification will be fully funded and supported by the firm as you study towards the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries’ exams.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills by networking with a variety of experienced professionals and fellow graduates via the firm’s initiative, ‘The Academy’.
- You will liaise with a wide variety of clients, helping you to gain a wealth of experience.
- Each department has their own social committee that hold regular social events.
- You will be joining a Top 20 graduate employer with some of the world’s leading graduate programmes.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You must have achieved or be on track for a 2:1 in a numerate subject, including but not limited to: Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Economics.
- You must have an A in GCSE Mathematics and English Language.
- You must have a minimum of 340 UCAS points which is equivalent to AAB at A level.
- You must be motivated to qualify as an Actuary.