Who are they?
Our client is a world leader in retail, serving millions of customers in stores globally every day. With over 1000 online orders placed a minute, they have won numerous awards for their high-quality products and services. A household name, they are incredibly well known and are one of the largest retailers in terms of profits, with stores in numerous countries across Asia and Europe. Our client prides themselves on their fantastic training and brilliant work ethic, as well as the huge variety of opportunities they afford their graduates.
What can they offer you?
- £32k starting salary + business performance based bonuses
- 22 days holiday per rata + 1 personal day
- Flexible working hours and spaces – work on a beanbag or from home and at a time that suits you
- Vast breadth of project exposure – you are encouraged to experience diverse areas of the business through rotations and will never be pigeonholed
- A hugely supportive environment in which to develop your career – you will have a buddy AND a career mentor, with access to a health & wellbeing team
- Tangible accountability and a real chance to see your work implemented across the business
- Women’s circles – Learn, Develop, Network and Build Confidence through a community network
- Training focused around both personal development e.g. Presentation Skills and Technical development with access to resources such as CodeSchool and Pluralsight.
- A 10% Store discount card for you and a member of your household
- An 8-week labs team rotation looking into how technology 30 years ahead could transform the business – previous projects resulted in the creation of Facebook Chatbots, Smart Shelves and a crowdsourced product selection platform
- Chance to work for an international business with half a million colleagues across the globe
This is the more technical of the two programmes where you will be building applications, developing software and digging into the finer detail of innovative technologies. Through their technical expertise, this team makes ideas a reality. To succeed you must have a passion for technology and an aptitude to develop code. Anyone from any degree discipline can apply, although this role will best suit someone from a technical/STEM background, such as maths, computer science or engineering.
Day to day you could be…
- Producing high-quality, resilient code to create robust systems and test it to a very high standard
- Working with and implementing cutting edge technology
- Working across the full software development lifecycle, interacting with product managers and shaping the future direction of products
Is this right for you?
We’re looking for innovative thinkers – our client wants graduates who are personable and creative
- You MUST be eligible to work in the UK
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree in ANY discipline; likely to be in Computer Science, Maths or Engineering
- Above all you MUST have a passion for technology and retail!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!