Product & Programme Management
Who are they?
Our client is a world leader in retail, serving millions of customers in stores globally every day. With over 1000 online orders placed a minute, they have won numerous awards for their high-quality products and services. A household name, they are incredibly well known and are one of the largest retailers in terms of profits, with stores in numerous countries across Asia and Europe. Our client prides themselves on their fantastic training and brilliant work ethic, as well as the huge variety of opportunities they afford their graduates.
What can they offer you?
- £32k starting salary + business performance based bonuses
- 22 days holiday per rata + 1 personal day
- Flexible working hours and spaces – work on a beanbag or from home and at a time that suits you
- Vast breadth of project exposure – you are encouraged to experience diverse areas of the business through rotations and will never be pigeonholed
- A hugely supportive environment in which to develop your career – you will have a buddy AND a career mentor, with access to a health & wellbeing team
- Tangible accountability and a real chance to see your work implemented across the business
- Women’s circles – Learn, Develop, Network and Build Confidence through a community network
- Training focused around both personal development e.g. Presentation Skills and Technical development with access to resources such as CodeSchool and Pluralsight.
- A 10% Store discount card for you and a member of your household
- An 8-week labs team rotation looking into how technology 30 years ahead could transform the business – previous projects resulted in the creation of Facebook Chatbots, Smart Shelves and a crowdsourced product selection platform
- Chance to work for an international business with half a million colleagues across the globe
Product and Programme Management:
This team is for problem solvers and ideas people! You will be putting yourself in the shoes of customers and working out how new technology could be implemented to make their lives better. You do not need to be able to code, but you must have a real interest in transforming the customer experience within the retail industry through technology. Any degree discipline is welcome.
Day to day you could be…
- Addressing the problems that customers face and devising ingenious solutions to them
- Balancing complex and competing needs of customers, colleagues and technology to deliver change across a broad range of different products
- Working on projects such as updating in-store checkouts or working on new payment systems
- Liaising with stakeholders regarding the execution and delivery of products
- Presenting ideas to colleagues, working with other teams to deliver projects and then implementing products to customers
- Seeking out new programming languages and tools to help improve work practices across various teams before demonstrating the work to programme managers
Is this right for you?
We’re looking for innovative thinkers – our client wants graduates who are personable and creative
- You MUST be eligible to work in the UK
- A minimum of a 2:1 degree in ANY discipline; likely to be in Computer Science, Maths or Engineering
- Above all you MUST have a passion for technology and retail!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!