Data Science Internship for Nerve Center Domain Team
The data science intern will be focused on main project which will give his placement a horizon with enough autonomy to develop on his skills and propose solutions. At the same time, the domain and data teams will work with the intern on related tasks that may be directly or indirectly related to the project and provide value to other initiatives. Main Project Develop a proof of concept for the evaluation of steerability responses based on the data. Although a lot of work has been performed around this area, it is still something that is out of reach to operations to have a clear understanding of the steering scenario in a particular, for instance field, with a truly data-based approach. The aim is to build on current techniques and apply them to all data, then provide a tool that can be used to understand steer ability in a region based on data and that can be scaled from a very simple approach to the addition of the multiple dimensions that affect this practical problem.
- Perform data management tasks like merging, matching, consolidating, cleaning, etc from the different data storages available to enable the use of the data to provide actionable insights and valuable solutions
- Work closely with Domain Champions to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Use machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems
- Document the work that is performed so that in can be built on in the future (Manage code storage clearly and use good practices when writing code so that it can be easily understood and built on by the team)
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts in conjunction with the domain and data teams • look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across other functions in the organisation • stay curious and enthusiastic about using algorithms to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work. Example of other data related work to work with Domain team – what is the data telling us?
- Elaboration of the question about the impact of fluid properties in drilling performance
- How does flow rate impact ROP, is there a significant improvement, or are we just wearing out the tools with no or little benefit?
- Investigate ways to detect poor quality data based on the physics expectations
- Evaluation of the impact on performance (based on the data) or an automated execution of drilling parameters
The Ideal candidate will be working towards a degree in Preferably petroleum or mechanical engineering (2:1/1st predicted), digitally savvy and self-driven
Send your CV via the button below. Use the subject "Application – SCR –- Data Science Internship "