Internship in Probabilistic Risk and Uncertainty Analysis
Description & Responsibilities
At Schlumberger Cambridge Research Centre we are conducting applied research and evaluating cutting-edge technology to deliver innovative platforms for advancing the automation of oilfield operations in exploration, drilling and production domains. We are looking for motivated interns to join our team to take a part in our research efforts in understanding risk and uncertainties impacting the decisions and developing a decision-making approach based on probabilistic risk and uncertainty analysis. The student will participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings and will have opportunities to interact with internal research teams, software engineering groups and operation experts.
Under the supervision of an experienced technical advisor, the intern will be expected to be involved in framing, data gathering, uncertainty elicitation, calculations, and sensitivity analysis to create
- a framework for a decision problem and its related uncertainties and information sources
- a decision tree, influence diagram and sensitivity analysis for all uncertain quantities
- Risk analysis using Bayesian representation
Multiscale Monte Carlo simulation Internships have often lead to technical presentations, scientific conference and/or journal publications as well as patent applications.
Enrolled in a master’s or doctoral program with major in applied mathematics, engineering, statistics or computer science
- A balanced combination of analytical and numerical modelling skills
- Working knowledge of programming language, such as Matlab, Python, Java or C++ is a plus
- Numerical modeling experience on statistical and probability analysis
- Independent research experience and good problem-solving skills
- Expertise in probabilistic modelling, data analysis, risk assessment, decision-making under uncertainty and machine learning is a plus
Send your CV via the button below. Use the subject "Application – SCR –- Probabilistic Risk and Uncertainty Analysis Internship "