Cloud Software Engineer
Schlumberger is the world’s leading oilfield services company, with around 100,000 employees representing 140 nationalities, in 85 countries. Working globally– sometimes in remote and challenging locations – we invent, design, engineer, manufacture, apply, and maintain state-of-the-art technology to help customers find and produce oil and gas safely.
Cloud software engineer is responsible to design and develop cloud infrastructures with experiences in programing public clouds, such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS, and public infrastructures and digital certificates as well experience to industrial control system and to security implications.
He/She reports to Software Project Manager.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Be part of the development team and work closely with software developers, project manager and product owner to understand features and technical implementations
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Develops and executes unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality.
- Shares expertise throughout the organization and may provide user training for products.
- Evaluates engineering approaches and risks to produce development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems.
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- May review, mentor and coach, while define and promote usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate
- Apply and comply with the project development process as defined by the Project Manager
The Schlumberger Norway Technology Center (SNTC) is the home of the Petrel and Ocean software platforms and the Center of Excellence for Geology and Geophysics. SNTC staff develops state-of-the-art software applications for oil and gas exploration, appraisal, evaluation, and production. Activities span software engineering and customer support through technical documentation and quality assurance. Operating in Oslo, Stavanger, and Bergen, SNTC focuses on delivering rapid, customizable, and integrated applications, such as industry-standard Petrel E&P software platform and Ocean software development framework. SNTC employs geoscience specialists who ensure product quality, train internal and external users, provide worldwide product support, and produce rapid software solutions. The centers’ dynamic and energetic teams work in collaboration using the latest software development, visualization, and testing tools.
One of our greatest strengths is the diversity of our workforce, with men and women of many nationalities and backgrounds working together and sharing common objectives. As a company, we encourage fair employment practices worldwide and offer equal opportunities to all our employees.
- Knowledge about or experience working with back-end technologies and frameworks such as C#, .NET, .NET-Core, HTTP/REST
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices relevant to web development.
- Good understanding and experience with Agile methodologies like Kanban / SCRUM
- Good written and oral English communications skills
- 2+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Experience working with front-end testing frameworks such as Jasmine / Mocha, Protractor / Cypress • Knowledge about or experience working with back-end technologies and frameworks such as WebAPI2, SignalR, Service oriented architecture, Message queue (e.g RabbitMQ/AMQP), IIS, Redis, Dependency Injection, NuGet package management, Service Fabric
- Programming experience with public clouds such as Azure (preferred), Google Cloud and AWS
- Familiar with build management systems like TeamCity or VSTS build.
- Familiar with Git source control, pull request creation and pull request review a la GitHub flow
- User management, security and identity management
- Presentation skills
- Project management
- Quality management
- Process implementation and improvement
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Level of study and preferred qualifications
Bachelors (or equivalent industrial experiences) in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience. MS in Computer Science preferred
Upon fulfilment of the position.