Graduate Front End developer
Schlumberger is the world’s leading oilfield services company, with around 100,000 employees representing 140 nationalities, in 85 countries. Working globally– sometimes in remote and challenging locations – we invent, design, engineer, manufacture, apply, and maintain state-of-the-art technology to help customers find and produce oil and gas safely.
A successful Frontend developer evaluates and implements emerging technologies and provides strategic, innovative and cost-effective engineering solutions to increase efficiency, reliability and integration of Schlumberger services and operations. The Frontend developer plays a key role in the user interface design for our customers’ portfolio of business applications, including determining all UX standards for the highest degree of usability, specifically look and feel, navigation, and workflow. He or she continually researches, tests, and outlines updates to our corporate UX standards, working in a semi-autonomous environment where fast prototyping emerging technologies to solve industryrelated problems is the rule.
- Collaborates with designers, developers and product owners to implement scalable and interactive applications.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- Applies usability procedures and principles
- Produces analyses and designs on which design conclusions are based.
- Builds prototypes suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Builds sophisticated and elegant user interfaces
- Interacts and engages with customers, users, and product managers and technical architects to understand needs and increase positive impact of users’ experience.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following skills:
- Knowledge of C++/Qt/QML or C#/WPF
- Knowledge of design principles and user interaction and UX standards Knowledge of visual aesthetic components: layout, fonts, color, animations, graphic elements
- Have a good understanding of latest frameworks and visual trends
- Sketch and get prototyping in code
- Interest in delivering appealing and easy to use user interfaces
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work on a wide variety of tasks using emerging technologies
- Combine technical skills and design sensibilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Bachelors or master's degree in computer science or related field (currently finishing or recently graduated)
Upon fulfilment of the position.