Graduate Software Engineer
Schlumberger is the world’s leading oilfield services company, with around 100,000 employees representing 140 nationalities, in 85 countries. Working globally– sometimes in remote and challenging locations – we invent, design, engineer, manufacture, apply, and maintain state-of-the-art technology to help customers find and produce oil and gas safely.
We are seeking a Graduate Software Engineer with a degree in Computer Science or related field.
The goal is to create scalable and optimized software for running oil and gas drilling tools. The opportunity is based in the Gloucestershire area. Successful candidates will be working with a co-located team of 20+ experienced engineers, including other software professionals within a larger multifunctional engineering team. There is a personalised training program designed to complement existing experience and knowledge. Which brings newly hired engineers up to speed with the industry and their specific job. The software teams’ work has a meaningful impact on the business/industry, which offers good visibility and technical career progression within the company.
- Create windows desktop applications
- Gather requirements from Stakeholders
- Collaborate with other disciplines and with other engineering projects
- Maintain Continuous Integration infrastructure for applications developed
- Perform tests and troubleshooting on application in deployed environments
- Communicate effectively with end users to assist in roll out of new software features
- Thorough knowledge of C# language
- Knowledge of C++ advantageous
- Experience of Visual Studio
- Exposure to WinForms
- Working knowledge of Agile SW Development methodologies, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, QA and Dev-Ops desirable
- Knowledge of Versions Control Systems
- Understanding of Python, Angular and NodeJS would be beneficial
BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field (currently finishing or recently graduated)
Upon fulfilment of the position.