Graduate Cloud Technology Engineer - Norway
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterisation, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimise reservoir performance.
Why work for us? To attract and retain top talent we offer highly competitive packages. However, working for Schlumberger is about more than your salary. You will be a key part of a friendly, diverse team where you will learn, grow and contribute every day. We are at the forefront of our industry. Virtually everything we use in the field is created, developed, and manufactured by Schlumberger people. Every year, we invest more than a billion dollars in R&E for oilfield technologies.
Job description for Graduate Cloud Technology Engineer
Cloud software engineers are responsible for designing and developing cloud infrastructures with experience in programming public clouds, such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS, and public infrastructures and digital certificates as well experience in industrial control system and to security implications.
Reporting to the Software Project Manager or Engineering Manager essential responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assists in identifying and organising requirements and producing specifications.
- Builds prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and sets up and runs lab simulations.
- Develops and executes unit tests to ensure and maintain source code quality.
- Shares expertise throughout the organisation and may provide user training for products.
- Evaluates engineering approaches and risks to produce development plans that ensure high quality, low cost products and systems.
- Identifies and keeps abreast of novel technical concepts and markets.
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, patents and presentations.
- May participate in the relevant technical reviews and audits of the projects.
- May review, mentor and coach, while define and promote usage of standards, best practices and lessons learned.
- Work with end users, Product analysts, and developers to understand features and technical implementations
- Adheres to all standards of confidentiality and security.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of state-of-the-art computer technology, equipment, and systems; participates in professional development activities as appropriate.
- Share expertise via Eureka and SIGs and expand his/her informal network throughout the organisation: field, research, engineering, manufacturing, other domains.
- Apply and comply with the project development process as defined by the Project Manager
- May participate in recruiting
- Maintain familiarity with Company technology, organisation and business. Understand and provide technical solutions according to the Schlumberger strategy
Degree subjects accepted
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent industrial experience) / Master’s / PhD degree in any science or any engineering excluding civil.
Competencies to be kept current
- Programming experience with public clouds such as Google Cloud, Azure and AWS
- Experience with Public key infrastructure and Digital certificate
- Familiar with Industrial control system and security implication
- PaaS for storage, compute and applications
- Various hypervisors technologies
- User management, security and identity management
- Hadoop ecosystems
- OpenStack technology
- Understanding of business strategy
- Presentation skills
- Project management
- Quality management
- Process implementation and improvement
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Leadership in applying and mentoring best practices
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Practices effective listening techniques
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Effectively analyses and solves problems with attention to the root cause
Send your CV via the button below.
Use the subject line "Application - Graduate Cloud Technology Engineer - Norway"