Recruiting Communications Intern
The Recruiting Communications Intern supports the company’s Employer Branding activities to ensure brand consistency and to attract the highest quality talent to our open positions. Activities include assisting with the development of a wide range of multimedia projects; implementing various recruiting initiatives; analyzing channel data, developing, maintaining, and refreshing company messages; and coordinating research initiatives.
Successful interns are upbeat and creative, you’ll be able to independently lead your own projects and prioritise your work effectively in order to meet deadlines.
The internship duration is 12 months, starting early summer 2019. The position reports to the University Relations and Recruiting Communications Manager.
- Designs and edits media projects for external promotion of employer branding messages.
- Liaises with internal experts and contractors to develop content and support materials such as advertising, web content, and videos.
- Curates and adapts editorial content, including copywriting and proofreading material for a variety of internal and external platforms.
- Uses social media channels including LinkedIn and YouTube, awareness of Search Engine Optimization and Analytics.
- Researches, develops and implements creative marketing strategies using various multimedia channels.
- Contributes to and develops initiatives in accordance with specific employer branding messaging.
- Participates in high-visibility projects under the guidance of experienced company personnel.
- Presents a professional, can-do attitude always, while taking care of high volumes of work from both internal and external customers. Leads several of their own projects at the same time.
- Builds professional relationships globally.
- Acquires basic knowledge of the oil and gas industry.
- Creates reports and dashboards in Google Analytics for web traffic analysis.
- Creates reports using spreadsheets and other tools to compare cross-channel engagement.
- Undergraduate with (expected) 2:1 grade in any discipline.
- Aptitude for analytical methodology preferred.
- Understanding of communications role, but no formal experience required.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite useful but not essential.
- Familiarity with various social media channels, including Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Evidence of project management or coordination skills required.
- Fluency in English language, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Embraces a can-do attitude to all tasks.
Due to the high levels of interest in the role, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.