Distribution and Product Internship
Intern Opportunities in Distribution and Product
In the investment management industry, Schroders is known for its ability to forge long-lasting relationships with clients. It’s an approach that has worked for 200 years. By joining our internship programme, you’ll get a unique glimpse into how we consistently remain ahead of our competitors.
You’ll gain a broad insight into investment management and learn how to build and maintain client relationships effectively. What’s more, you’ll benefit from a supportive and friendly culture, and be rewarded for the contributions you make.
Over eight weeks, you’ll aim to develop the skills required to thrive in an international arena. We invest heavily in our internship programme to make sure it’s one of the best around. Because of this, you could even manage to secure a place on our graduate scheme by the end of your experience. And as part of your training, you’ll get an inside look into some of the following areas:
- Insurance – As a hub of knowledge and expertise, the Insurance Asset Management group responds to interest from insurance companies worldwide. You’ll help them do so with efficiency.
- Marketing – With this rotational role, you’ll be involved in projects both institutional and intermediary, giving you a holistic understanding of our marketing strategy.
- Official Institutions – This team is responsible for building relationships with government clients worldwide. You’ll research investment industry trends and help our seniors prepare for presentations to these clients.
- Product Development – From market research to fund management, you’ll assist product launch processes and ultimately contribute to our firm’s strategy.
- Product Management – This department ensures our products and services meet our clients’ expectations. You’ll work closely with investment teams to achieve this.
- Research and Analytics – Join a small team of experts and produce analytical data that’ll help us build client relationships across the organisation.
- UK Institutional – Managing the relationships we have with investors is an important and influential job – and one you’ll play a key role in here.
- UK Intermediary – This experienced group oversees the sale of Schroder products to intermediaries around the UK. You’ll help drive our sales with all kinds of clients.
Who we are looking for
You’ll be a penultimate year student with entrepreneurial spirit and a keen interest in the changing landscape of investment management. We’re also looking for tenacity, solid analytical skills and an aptitude for finding solutions to complex problems. We accept applications from any degree discipline, as long as you have a strong academic record and are anticipating a good 2:1 by the end of your course.
Please note that we review applications on a rolling basis, so be sure to start yours soon. We may also consider final year students who plan to pursue a Masters after the internship, but we ask that you make a note of this in your application. You must apply by 6 January 2017.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!