Accounting & Finance Internship
We’re looking for numerate and analytical students to join our Finance division on our 2019 Summer Internship Programme.
Finance underpins every organisation, and at Schroders it’s a vital function helping support the wider business. We’re after students who have a keen eye for numbers, an analytical mind-set and an appetite for challenge.
Our Finance Internship Programme is the perfect start for an undergraduate looking to gain real life experience in accounting.
Our 2019 Summer Internship Programme starts on Monday 24th June 2019 and runs for 8 weeks ending on Friday 16th August 2019. This Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how the Finance department operates within it. You’ll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business.
During your internship you will be assigned to one of our Finance teams. Some of your tasks may include:
- Participation in the month end close, balance sheet controls, analytical review and reporting processes
- Supporting Finance and the wider business with ad-hoc requests for analysis
- Projects designed to improve the efficiency and service provided by Finance Teams
- Potential to be involved in the annual budget process
What you’ll be like
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate and analytical – you’ll have solid numerical skills and a high attention to detail
- Organised, diligent and methodical
- Collaborative and flexible - happy to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
- Passionate – You’ll be passionate about building a long term career as an Accountant
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we’re looking for:
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we’re not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
- 128 UCAS Points at A-Level or equivalent (320 UCAS Points using the old Tariff)
- Penultimate year of study or in final year of study but planning to continue further studies after the end of the Internship
1. Online application form and CV
2. Online assessments
3. Online video interview
4. Assessment centre
Candidates should be available to start the 2019 Summer Internship Programme on Monday 24th June 2019. The programme ends on 16th August 2019.
Closing date for applications is mid-December, but we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.