Tax Graduate Scheme
We’re looking for numerate and analytical graduates to join our Tax division on our 2019 Graduate Programme.
Our Group Tax department supports and advises our business globally on all tax related matters ranging from corporate tax, personal tax to VAT. With increased public interest in tax matters and an ever-changing tax regulations, our work is vital.
Our Tax Graduate Programme is the perfect start for a graduate looking to develop their commercial skills and build a long term career in Tax.
As a graduate in the Tax department you will be given an excellent grounding in tax by being exposed to our four different teams: Corporate Tax, Indirect Tax, Product Tax and Transfer Pricing.
You’ll be encouraged to build relationships with people across the business and grow your understanding of tax in a business context.
Some of your tasks as a Graduate in Tax will include:
- Assisting in the completion of the Group’s tax compliance obligations.
- Working with the business to understand the impact of tax changes.
- Providing a point of contact for tax queries arising within the business
- Forming good working relationships with other teams and offices.
- Staying abreast of developments in market practice, legislation and regulation through technical research
- Communicating, explaining and escalating issues and ideas within the Group Tax team and the wider business.
Who we’re looking for
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate and analytical – you’ll have solid numerical skills and a high attention to detail
- Organised, diligent and methodical
- Collaborative and flexible - happy to get involved in variety of tasks and project
- Passionate – You’ll be passionate about building a long term career in Tax
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we’re looking for:
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we’re not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
- 128 UCAS Points (320 UCAS Points at A-Level using the old Tariff Calculator) or equivalent
1. Online application form and CV
2. Online assessments
3. Online video interview
4. Assessment centre – Currently scheduled in for week commencing 7th January
5. Final round interview with a senior leader from the business
Candidates should be available to start the graduate programme on Thursday 19 September 2019
Applications will close approximately 2-3 weeks before assessment centre but please note we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.