Accounting & Finance Graduate Scheme
We’re looking for numerate and analytical graduates to join our Finance division on our 2019 Graduate Programme.
Finance underpins every organisation, and at Schroders it’s a vital function helping support the wider business. We’re after graduates who have a keen eye for numbers, an analytical mind-set and an appetite for challenge.
Our Finance Graduate Programme is the perfect start for a graduate looking to become a qualified accountant and build their long term career in Finance.
What you’ll be like
As a graduate in the Finance department you will be exposed to a range of activities which will provide you with an excellent grounding in finance and the day-to-day application of finance know-how to business activities.
You will be encouraged to develop a broad range of financial expertise and you’ll also get a chance to work in partnership with different business areas which will give you a wider understanding of how our business operates and the wider role the Finance function provides. Some of your tasks as a Graduate in Finance will include:
- Analytical reviews of monthly results and the production of commentaries for presentation to other Finance teams
- Participation in the month end close, balance sheet controls and reporting processes
- Developing an understanding of transfer pricing and management accounting allocations
- Supporting Finance and the wider business with ad-hoc requests for analysis
- Potential to be involved in budget process and projects as they arise
Along with the IMC, as a Finance Graduate you will be supported through a professional qualification, either the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) or the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
What you’ll be like
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate and analytical – you’ll have solid numerical skills and a high attention to detail
- Organised, diligent and methodical
- Collaborative and flexible - happy to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
- Passionate – You’ll be passionate about building a long term career as an Accountant
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we’re looking for
- A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we’re not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
- 128 UCAS Points (320 UCAS Points at A-Level using the old Tariff Calculator) or equivalent
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Online video interview
- Assessment centre
- Final round interview with a senior leader from the business
Candidates should be available to start the graduate programme on Thursday 19 September 2019.
Please note we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
If you're interested in finding out more about Schroders and the other graduate and internship opportunities we have, visit our website.