Business Systems Development Graduate
Based in Inverness, Gael Force Group is a well-established supplier of equipment, technology and services to aquaculture, marinas, commercial fishing and leisure marine markets.
There is now an excellent opportunity for a 12-month graduate placement to develop existing management reporting tools, building on advanced functionality to design and implement new improved systems and processes.
Specific tasks of the placement will include:
- Develop a Management Accounting Workbook reporting tool that is dynamically integrated into the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system.
- Identify and agree with managers critical KPI information available from within existing systems.
- Identify, establish and document routine/automated methods of capturing relevant data.
- Explore and recommend different approaches to presenting this data, with a strong emphasis on visual impact.
- Design and implement KPI reporting tools, producing additional process documentation to use for staff training.
- Recommend a suitable method to establish an archive of records.
- Build on the framework of the current ERP application to manage its use internally, developing a consistent cross-group approach to the user interface, and beginning the roll-out of approval and alert processes.
- Assist with the transfer of two group companies from their current applications to our ERP application.
For informal enquiries regarding this position please contact Tim Phillips on 01463 229396. There is some felxibility around the start date of July 2019.
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Minimum Degree level, preferably related to Information Technology, Business Information Management, Systems Design, Accountancy.
Skills / Experience
- High degree of confidence with different database applications and with Excel.
- Thorough familiarity with accounting concepts and reports.
- Real commitment to communicating through presentation of data.
- Organised approach to project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Resourceful and self-motivated.
Upon successful completion of the project it is hoped that the graduate placement would result in permanent employment, should the candidate meet the company’s needs, be a good fit with the core team and would like to develop their career in this field.
An integral part of the ScotGrad Graduate Placement Programme is the tailored 4-day residential graduate business skills training course. ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to use ScotGrad’s networks to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities, including any relevant networking events and build up a professional network.