Graduate Mechanical Engineer x3
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. As we continue to grow the business, we are looking to hire 3 engineering graduates to work on projects related to the support, design, evaluation and test of our self-service products. These are 12-month placements and will be based at our Dundee R&D facility. Following the successful delivery of the projects, we would anticipate that these roles will become permanent.
This is an exciting opportunity to work and gain experience as part of a small team in Dundee and with other facilities and suppliers in the support, design, evaluation and test of devices used in self-service products such as ATMs (Auto-Teller Machines for the Banking Industry). A key requirement is to have a desire to learn in a fast-moving mechanical design environment with a keen interest in the design of electro/mechanical systems operating under S/W control.
You will provide project support for 12 months to help us understand and improve our processes and procedures relating to our range of self-service products.
- Support existing ATM products from a mechanical and product packaging perspective
- Evaluate different technologies and provide recommendations with backup analysis
- Work on mechanical development activities, providing estimates, manufacturing options etc.
- Gain experience in the design of mechanisms, working with tooling suppliers and parts design/manufacture.
- Delivering designs that meet usability, serviceability, manufacturability, environmental and safety standards
- Delivering cost effective designs to specification and engineering standards whilst meeting mandatory usability, serviceability, manufacturability, environmental and safety standards
- Supplier engagement and change management
- Collaborate with Engineers from different disciplines to enable system wide integration
- Hold design reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances, FMEA, testing and problem correction CLCA
- Release work products using the approved system with all relevant documentation required to implement your design change
You will be Degree qualified in either Mechanical Engineering or Product/Industrial Design (Hons 2:1 or better preferred).
Skills / Experience
- Strong desire to learn new Mechanical design principles and technologies.
- Relevant university project or related work experience
- Technology awareness of the areas of:
- Design of mechanisms.
- Design for reliability and climatic variations.
- Simulation/ FEA
- Design of Experiments
- Understand need for design documentation and the ability to work on problems as well as within a team environment
- Must be willing to work to and set high work standards and be a good communicator
- Understanding of plastic moulding, sheet metal fabrication design, parts manufacture and tooling.
- CAD (ProE/Creo or Solidworks)
- Ability to multi task
- Willing to travel, globally e.g. customer sites for support or analysis
- Understanding of 2D drawings, dimensioning & tolerancing experience
- Stress and Tolerance analysis awareness
- Understanding of various Rapid prototyping technologies
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognised for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in a couple of training courses mainly online, and one classroom based. The courses are themed around environmental management and quality standards and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future skills.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.