Technical Assistant – IT/Data Management
TRAC Oil & Gas Ltd is a leading global provider of Rope Access Inspection, Repair & Maintenance services for the Oil & Gas and related industries. We are looking to recruit a talented graduate to join our team as a Technical Assistant to work on an IT/Data Management project which will support the management of inspection results. Based in Aberdeen, this 12-month project has the potential for future employment options with TRAC following successful completion of the initial project.
You will provide expert technical support to assist us with the on-going development of our inspection management service. Specifically, you will work on IT/Data Management themed projects which will assess appropriate options and ultimately identify and implement a new database for TRAC to support the management of inspection results.
- Review functionality of databases available in the sector to identify pros and cons for the different systems
- Do cost comparison for products compared to development time required
- Provide support in the generation of inspection database
- Review existing excel and access databases used within TRAC to consolidate information for the new database
- Support inspection engineer in maintaining the anomaly database and ensure all defects are subject to appropriate engineering evaluation
- Produce meeting minutes or notes as directed, monitor outstanding actions and minute the response from vendor, the client and any other relevant parties
- Ensure inspection isometrics included in database
- Provide general assistance to the engineers on the project as required
- Ensure effective data management within MMS database
- Assist with the preparation of inspection and corrosion data for input into RBA reviews/and (or) client presentations and meetings
- Assist in the review of completed inspection work packs/reports
- Assist in the maintaining of electronic and hard copy filing systems
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!