Graduate Software Developer x2
arbnco is a leading software simulation company based in Glasgow. As part of our ongoing growth plans, we have an outstanding project which requires 2 highly skilled and committed software developers to work with us to develop a cloud based interactive physics simulation ‘education’ engine. Once in place, this will support our customers to gain CPD ‘Continuous Professional Development’ credits.
arbnco is a software simulation company currently working in the real estate sector with some of the worlds largest Real Estate Owners and Managers. Our simulation engines enables real estate investors, managers and consultants to make quicker and better informed decisions on the energy performance of commercial properties.
We work closely with research bodies and commercial partners in identifying / developing and then deploying disruptive technologies in the software simulation space.
Through these partnerships we have identified a new opportunity in ‘Educational Simulation in the cloud’ to help grow our consultancy division. Working with some of the worlds largest M&E Engineering firms and hundreds of independent energy consultants who use our simulation software products to deliver products and services to our Commercial Real Estate clients.
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
Degree level computer science, software engineer / developer or similar.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of and experience with C++
- Knowledge of and experience with C# and the .NET framework
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and deploying web based applications using HTML 5
- Team focused
- First class communications
- Committed and hardworking
- Excellent personal management skills
- Experience with MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes)
- Knowledge of basic physics, specifically mechanics
There are a number of benefits to working with arbnco. We are a dynamic forward thinking and passionate team with great development opportunities and room to grow. We have strong ambitions to move into global markets primarily the USA combined with strong links and partnerships with the academic world. We have a bright and modern working environment at our offices in the INOVO building on George St, Glasgow.
We are driven by the desire to lower carbon emissions and make the planet are more sustainable and healthier place to live, work and play.
Naturally, we practice what we preach and endeavour to work in an energy efficient work place that’s also comfortable and healthy.
You will be working within an engaging environment, with a strong and multicultural team committed to taking the company to the next level.
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!