HR Project Graduate
We are Thomson Pettie Group, a leading UK engineering subcontracting company. We are looking to hire a suitably talented and qualified graduate to join our internal project team with the aim of successfully implementing our new HR department to service our four sites in the UK. This role represents an excellent opportunity for a Graduate to become involved in a large scale, multi-site manufacturing company and you will gain highly valuable and career defining skills and experience. This is a 12 month placement and is based at our Carluke premises.
We are currently forecasting significant growth in 2017/18. Our increasing headcount, coupled changes in Employment Law, require a new approach to HR. This is a critical phase of development for us and this project will ensure that our company has the correct HR infrastructure, systems and processes to ensure our seamless growth within the Engineering sector.
This project will be pivotal in assisting departmental managers, site directors and senior board members to recruit, train and retain new and existing staff. This function will allow our operational divisions to focus on delivering a first class service to our customers, in the sound knowledge that we have HR backup when required.
You will be tasked with making provision for the following functions to be carried out in house:
- Liaising with employment agencies for both permanent and temporary jobs and negotiating costs for advertising
- Guiding the business on the best way to advertise / search
- Managing CVs (passing to relevant line managers and communicating with candidates)
- Oversee all recruiting, interviewing and hiring of new staff
- Building up a database of CVs for future use IAW data protection regulations
- Maintain all contracts, handbooks and polices (update with new regulations or revised terms set by the company lawyers)
- Issuing the new start packs
- Ensuring all contract documents have been completed, signed and copies retained
- Ensure the department serves as a link between employees and management for both disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Advise managers and employees on procedures in respect of both disciplinary and grievances where necessary
- Counselling and Welfare matters
- Employee relations
- Attend seminars for latest updates on employment law and government changes
- Assist in implementing the new Auto enrolment in October
- Offer guidance to both employees and admin staff regarding auto enrolment
You will be either HND or Degree qualified in a relevant, Human Resources subject
Skills / Experience
- We require an enthusiastic, capable HR Graduate who can quickly become familiar with our office/factory environments and provide us with the system and process improvements required to help keep the workforce engaged.
- Previous experience of a similar type project, either during or post - study
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!